Model Cars Magazine Forum

No Photos, No fun,

Greg Myers

>Ok, but that's the same as "Right click - copy" a photo and "right click-paste" in the post window, which is much easier. 

>The problem with that is I think it adds band width to the cost of running this site.

>Using the "forum Codes" provided by the photo storage places is only a link to the photo.

no, what I did was link a photo here from a remote site using the url in img tags. it is NOT uploading the pic here and using "band width to the cost of running this site". it is a reference to the photo where it exists and the img tags make it show up here but its still a link not the photo itself.

I am not sure what happens when you do the copy and paste here but I believe that is not actually uploading the image here either though at this point I suppose anything is possible. but what I did up there did NOT upload the photo here. as I mentioned elsewhere, I copied the url from your photo, took it to an external text editor, added img tags to it and then pasted that string here. that is the only way I can consistently get a linked photo to appear here.

if you use "choose files" below, THAT uploads the image here and uses their space to store and display it.

hope that helps.

jb

I tried it again and i can not get the img way to work. It looked as if the photo was here reading the source. 

Again, using Fotki it doesn't any easier than using the Forum Code that I have been doing for years. i'll stick to that.

Thanks

Edited by AzTom

Test.

Well, I see it does work for me by using the "choose files" option to add a photo from my gallery. I have lost the ability to "copy img" link from Photobucket. Any ideas why that is, and how to fix it?

Later-

20150810_131728.jpg

Edited by Modlbldr

Nope. It's Broke. :wacko:

DSCN4278.jpg

IMG copy from photobucket just this instant.

Left click the box next to IMG on photobucket. Look for the yellow flash in the box.

Come back here.  TOTALLY IGNORE "choose files" and "insert other media"

Place your cursor where you want the photo to appear. Hit Ctrl-v. The URL code will appear.

When you click to "post reply", the photo appears...just like always.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy