Model Cars Magazine Forum

No Photos, No fun,

Greg Myers

its not really like you (well...I anyway) cannot post photos. I know of two ways. one is to use the choose files option in the lower left under the reply box. that takes you to a window into your file system and you can post pics that way, but they are attached and they are using MCM storage space since you have uploaded them to this site.

the other way is to use img html tags of the form [ i m g ]  [ / i m g ] (but remove the spaces i put in there). the trick here seems, for me anyway, to assemble a string of the img tags with your url of the photo you want to post in an external editor and then paste the entire string into the reply box. lets see if that still works:

WN1j6m.jpg

kind of a pain but it does work. others have better luck but that's what i have found works for me. the actual url feature behind the "insert other media" button below needs to be made to work but evidently the software guys say next release...which is funny because it worked for me last week.

hope that helps

jb

Photobucket-stored photos work here for me exactly the same way they've worked since 2012 when I joined. Firefox back then, Chrome now.

Copying pix from online sources also works the same way, for me.

There have always been some web images that won't copy directly here for one reason or another. To get them here, just save the image you want in your own "my pictures" or whatever you call it in your computer, then put the image in Photobucket (or other host), and re-copy it here.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

[I tried to add a reply to another topic and all the little electrons showed up here instead of where I wanted them. :o]

Resume regularly scheduled programming, now in progress.

Edited by Danno

Without beating this into the ground (well, maybe), this is now the only forum that doesn't work with my ancient Safari 4.1 browser, so I can't post either text or images from my iMac desktop, OSX 10.4.1. That's too old to use any other browser. I can enter text from my iPad, but images remain a problem just because I haven't figured it out (very labor-intensive and brain-challenging). 

Edited by sjordan2

It's also no fun when you keep posting things where they don't belong and I have to be constantly chasing after to you and putting your posts where they belong. :rolleyes:

Are you referring to me? I've posted the same complaint on the new site thread, but it also seems pertinent to this discussion and could possibly relate to others with the same issues. Isn't this thread about problems with posting images?

Edited by sjordan2

No, I mean Greg. This isn't about model cars or 1:1 cars or automotive related stuff, it's about the ability to post pictures. It doesn't belong in "General," with clearly says is for model car and automotive topics only.

SA has a special area for testing and site-related Q&A. Maybe we should have a section like that, too... but until then, this kind of topic belongs in the Off-Topic area.

Id love to post some...but I need a system that is so easy its for a person that has never used a computer before.  I always have to talk a buddy into doing it for me...otherwise Id even send you all some photos of the tornado that hit here on the 13th of last month.  I have tried but just cant seem to get it right.

it aint rocket science man, press the "choose files" text below your reply box, go through your file system to find the photo you want to post, click on it and it will be uploaded here.

yeah we like fun here in California, one life brah, don't blow it.

jb

jb1.JPG

Edited by jbwelda

it aint rocket science man, press the "choose files" text below your reply box, go through your file system to find the photo you want to post, click on it and it will be uploaded here.

yeah we like fun here in California, one life brah, don't blow it.

jb

jb1.JPG

What do you do when it says file to large? I have had this message to many times. Drives me crazy . My younger cousin told me they can't teach us old light computer users new tricks. It looks like it Worked .   # 10 

Meandafutureliner.jpg

Edited by 1930fordpickup
add text

A lot of the photos Greg is posting are from random web sites. Here is a try doing that with the [i m g]

If you want to easily post photos from your photos storage place Right Click on the photo and copy or use the correct link provided.

Edited by AzTom

That's a good one Tom.

I tried everything to use the [i m g] in the above post and could not get it to work. While doing that my computer CRASHED. Now it can not find a Boot Disc:blink:

Fortunately I had a new one about ready to go and I 'm now on it:wub:  

I'll stick the Copy Paste or the Forum Code link if I want it to be able to link to Fotki. 

image.jpg

just need to form your img tags properly, on the other hand, seems that insert other media button worked yesterday but its not working for me today.

slo-mo trainwreck continues.

jb

Edited by jbwelda

With Chrome on Windows 8, the 'Insert other media' doesn't work...I just get the busy loading image after pasting in a URL to a photo.. meh.  I tried on Chrome on my Mac also, doesn't work there either....oh well.

It's also no fun when you keep posting things where they don't belong and I have to be constantly chasing after to you and putting your posts where they belong. :rolleyes:

Keeps you busy and out of trouble, though.

just need to form your img tags properly, on the other hand, seems that insert other media button worked yesterday but its not working for me today.

slo-mo trainwreck continues.

jb

Listed under 1/64 Straight Trucks

Ok, but that's the same as "Right click - copy" a photo and "right click-paste" in the post window, which is much easier. 

The problem with that is I think it adds band width to the cost of running this site.

Using the "forum Codes" provided by the photo storage places is only a link to the photo.

Edited by AzTom