Model Cars Magazine Forum

65 Mercury

Helix

G' Day Folks,

One of many old kits I purchased from a deceased estate at the start of this year.

They are all in good shape and decided that this would be the first because it's a rather nice looking car.

Pretty basic kit with three options and I enjoyed building it, the only upgrade was using the AMT round 2 white walls. I set the suspension at the custom setting to give it a better looking stance.

Testors Burgundy Red Metallic, no clear, just polished like I normally do.

Interior is done with Tamiya light sand and of course a fair bit of BMF :D!

Cheers

Ray

Cool Ray!

I may have mentioned it to you before, but I had a good friend in high school who had this car in the same color!

Only difference was a black & white interior.

He had it for about a week & then he got drunk & took out several rows of corn with it & bent the frame.

That was that! :unsure:

Steve

Cheers Steve and thanks for reminding me, here's the pic that inspired me to build it.....

65mercback_zpsfpqfdofh.jpg

Yes sir!

I remember that photo.

As I said when you first posted this build, that's not my friend, but the car is an almost exact replica.

The more I look at that photo, the more I wonder if it could have been the family that previously owned the car before my friend bought it.

It would be interesting to find more info on the photo.

Steve

Cheers Steve and thanks for reminding me, here's the pic that inspired me to build it.....

65mercback_zpsfpqfdofh.jpg

Yes sir!

I remember that photo.

As I said when you first posted this build, that's not my friend, but the car is an almost exact replica.

The more I look at that photo, the more I wonder if it could have been the family that previously owned the car before my friend bought it.

It would be interesting to find more info on the photo.

Steve

Very true mate, I found this pic on Google Images when I was researching the car ;)

Thanks for the further comments guys :)