Model Cars Magazine Forum

New releases at Hobby Lobby

Stopped in at the Hobby Lobby in Mooresville NC this afternoon. Quite a few empty spaces but the tags were on the shelves for the new releases. Found the person that handles the area and asked if they had any of the kits that belonged there.She told me that they just finished putting the tags up for the new additions but the kits had not been priced yet. That was why they weren't available on the shelves.  She was able to get me the 57 Ford wagon from the stockroom and I bought it with my 40% off coupon.

So, if you are at Hobby Lobby and see a tag where a new release should be, ask the sales staff if it is still in the storeroom. Many of you probably have a HL that is close by, mine is 70 miles round trip.

Edited by VW93

One store in my area had the MPC '79 Trans-Am.  Shelf price $29.99, 40% off was still over $19 with sales tax...more than I really wanted to pay for that particular kit, but in all likelihood cheaper than at a show or from any of the online sellers.  Some of the online sellers seem to be shying away from that particular kit; maybe they are figuring on the craft stores carrying it.  The HL website shows the AMT '64 Impala and '53 Ford pickup, but I think I've got as many of those as I need.  LHS still gets plenty of business from me...grabbed a Moebius Satellite there this morning, and will probably get the MPC Cosmic Charger when those come in.

Thanks for the warning about Avondale. I was gonna swing in there Tuesday on my way to the hotel. Guess I'll spend a little more in Hobby Depot now.

I was at the Hobby Lobby in Avondale (Az) today and there were empty spaces and nothing new or what I wanted and did not have . Maybe next week.

What do you do with the coupon you printed and didn't use ? ( yeah, I know, you don't print the coupon, you use your cell phone. That wasn't the question:huh:)

In the past when I printed coupons, if I walked the aisle and didn't find something I needed/wanted, I would hand the coupon to another shopper.

Today I mention to others to use their smartphone for the 40% off coupon.

What do you do with the coupon you printed and didn't use ? ( yeah, I know, you don't print the coupon, you use your cell phone. That wasn't the question:huh:)

In the past when I printed coupons, if I walked the aisle and didn't find something I needed/wanted, I would hand the coupon to another shopper.

Today I mention to others to use their smartphone for the 40% off coupon.

I usually buy paint or some other supply if I do not find a kit I want with my coupon.

Also, you can ask the person in the model section to special order any kit they usually stock. Most of their stock levels are set at 1 or 2 for each kit. My store gets their restock in on Tuesday. Sometimes the kit you are looking for will be sold out in a few days. My HL will order what you want and hold it for 2 weeks.

I was in the Hobby Lobby in Morgan Hill, CA last Saturday and I also found the shelves empty.  If I don't find a kit that interests me, I usually use the coupon on paint or some other finishing supply.  I used the coupon on Tamiya white primer.  Good deal!

Edited by carrucha

What do you do with the coupon you printed and didn't use ? 

I didn't have a Hobby Lobby near by but I always had a Michaels!  When I found zero to buy, I'd look around for a  woman with a large item in her basket.  The 40% off coupon was always happily accepted.

I once had a can of Testors Dullcote and the lady behind me had an embossing machine that was over $100.  I thought for a minute and decided that the coupon was worth about $2 to me so I gave it to her. The look on her face was certainly worth the $2.

Edited by Tom Geiger