Model Cars Magazine Forum

'61 Ford custom cab pickup

61 Ford pickupI've had this for a number of years. The previous builder used most of the parts on the tree and most of the decals! I bought one of these when they first came out (had a trailer IIRC)... long lost at some point, and looked for years to find another. Then this came along, and I couldn't resist!!  I doubt I'll rush into it as I really don't want to mess it up. :rolleyes:

20150729_142845.jpg

20150729_142558.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Thanks Marc. This model had fender skirts, spotlights gas cans, top light on the roof, and was covered with decals and dust!:lol:  I stripped it and carefully sanded the glue off. The plan is to make it into a mild custom surfers truck, with a 427 cammer under the hood.  :o  

Wayne,

I love where you are going with this one. A few years ago, I got a '63, which was pretty much in the same condition as yours.  I cleaned it up, and primed it. 

I want to keep the trim, so i have quire a bit of work to do, as some of the trim is not well cast on the cab.

Edited by Ron Hamilton

Thanks guys. I opened up the centre of the grill ( glue damaged) and the headlights. I'm thinking of adding some length to the bottom of the front fenders to line up with the front bumper. I also plan on relocating the chrome emblems from the hood sides to the lower doors, and adding half round spears going back to the rear wheelwells. I also added a gas tank under the floor at the rear, with the gas filler door in the floor of the bed.

20150826_130155.jpg