Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16th Scale Jolly Rancher Stagecoach Wheelstander - Update 11/7/2015

Mooneyzs

Wow, talk about stepping outside the box......that should be a fun build and I'm especially looking forward to your teaming up with John on this one.  I'm sure you'll prove that once and for all, 1 + 1 = 3 in this instance.  Will most certainly follow along.  Cheers, Tim

Steven.... Why Thank you. Yeah its an honor to have John say that about this. I just though it would be a fun build and its something different.

Joe... Thank you.  Now I can't wait to get some of the chassis done, As well as for John to start a thread on his.

Danno... You seem surprised.... lol :lol: :P

Hakan... Its been years since I have seen it run but when I was in Vegas during the October race a few years back Ed Jones had the Jelly Belly Firetruck and didn't have the stagecoach at that race. When I talked to him it seems that he takes the stagecoach to the first race of the year in Vegas then the Firetruck goes the next time.

Brent... Thank you. The initial progress may be a little slow as I am trying to get some stuff done to the funny car first.

Henry... Thank you... You know I should make some little jolly rancher candy and lay next to the model when its displayed...lol

Ray... Thank you very much. Glad it caught someones attention...lol

Bob... Thank you. You know I never thought of having the chassis 3D printed I can look into how much it would cost since I have the file done on it. I actually chose brass because I wanted to practice for a different project that I originally was going to start. I would like to hone those skills a little better.

Dirk... I have to admit that it will be nice to have something way different to work on and give me a break from other builds.

Mike... Thank you so much for the kind words. I never though I would ever be on anyone's favorite builders list. Make me feel honored.

Dave... Thank you. I am thinking it should be pretty fun

Kerry... Thanks. I am super stoked to do this one.

Mike... Thanks buddy... haha battle of the wild west.. that's too funny

Dave... Thank you very much. Hey if you happen to find those pics of it at firebird I would love to have you post them. Finding pics of it as the Jolly Rancer hasn't been easy. I only have a handful of that paint scheme but found lots more of the Jelly Belly.

Dave... Thank you very much... Yeah I have to admit that I wanted to plan it out so I wasn't going back changing things a bunch of times like I did on the funny car... haha

Art... Thank you very much.

Tim.. It is going to be a blast. doing this chassis in brass is going to be fun. I am even going to do the front suspension in brass and I am thinking about trying one of those Caswell plating kits for the front leaf springs and I-beam axle. I think one of the coolest things will be having pictures taken of both John and mine together when they are finished.

This will be very interesting! That real thing looks like a wild ride to me and building a scale replica of that one won't be an easy task, but I know it should be no problem to you. I can't wait for more.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Guys.....

So for the past 4 hours I have been sitting at the bench cutting and sanding materials to start getting the chassis together. I figured I need to take a break since I need some food and here is what things look like so far. I will be back at the bench Soldering the frame up shortly...so stay tuned.....

JRSC0101-vi.jpg

Edited by Mooneyzs