Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moline Front Axle from Brass

AzTom

He's one of my current projects. I got this MM GTB in a box lot with a broken axle and seat. The tractor is a rather rare 1/16 scale model and in the $200.00 range so It needed to be saved. 

IMG 7089

IMG 7092

IMG 7094

IMG 7097

Edited by AzTom

Jonathan, That one is more detailed than mine,lol  I noticed the front axle is different, maybe because it's a GB.

Thanks for posting them.  I think I have one like that NF also.

Lance, That is what I use. It is a better one at round $30.00. I tried one of those $7.00 ones and throw it away. 

The best tool I have is the ceramic plate that has the holes in it. It doesn't effect the heat transfer and is perfectly flat. You can stick pins in the holes to help hold items together as well.

Thanks guys,

The primer is Dupli-color Self etching primer. it does bite the metal quite well and it a must if you are doing diecast .Back in the old days you had to prep aluminum with a two step acid rocess. I have used other brands but like the Dupli-color the best. 

Todd, You have to be a farm toy guys to know this is a Wally Hooker Cottonwood model.   I have known Armand for over ten years. He builds some of the best brass stuff I have ever seen.

Thanks Brian, I only had one real tractor, a Ford 8n with a Wagner loader.  Making the loader out of brass in on my bucket list.  I do love the model tractors and several thousand to back that up,lol

Ok, back to the MM.  I have a serious problem, can't find the new front axle.:blink:  What do you think so far?  

I don't know how long my helper can hold this so I'm off to find that axle.

I found it,  Last week I took it up to the great room to show the wife what I was working on and then set it on the top of a display cabinet, dinner was ready:P 

Ready for the show.

Parked with a few more Molines:P

Thanks Brian, I only had one real tractor, a Ford 8n with a Wagner loader.  Making the loader out of brass in on my bucket list.  I do love the model tractors and several thousand to back that up,lol

Ok, back to the MM.  I have a serious problem, can't find the new front axle.:blink:  What do you think so far?  

IMG_7496-vi.jpg

I don't know how long my helper can hold this so I'm off to find that axle.

Don't arm wrestle this guy. It will not end well for you!!!