Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1955 BEL AIR STREET MACHINE

fseva

No, this is not on the AMT preferred list of "modern tools". I've been dying to do a different kind of Bel Air, and this one caught my eye; also because it's my favorite year for the Bel Air. Anyone who has built it - are there any negatives to report about the build?

1955 CHEVY BEL AIR STREET MACHINE.JPG

Edited by fseva

Great kit, similar to the amt 1955 Nomad.  Only negative is the molded in exhaust.

Hmmm... there must be a way around the built-in exhaust because if you notice in the photo, there's a short pipe right behind the front tires...

Great kit, similar to the amt 1955 Nomad.  Only negative is the molded in exhaust.

Hmmm... there must be a way around the built-in exhaust because if you notice in the photo, there's a short pipe right behind the front tires...

Just shave off the exhaust pipes carefully and cutout the muffler and replace with plastic sheet.Take your time and make careful cuts and it will turn out fine.

Just shave off the exhaust pipes carefully and cutout the muffler and replace with plastic sheet.Take your time and make careful cuts and it will turn out fine.

exactly... I added the ribs back in the floor with plastic strips. Other than that, nice kit

it SHOULD be Similar to the Nomad, as it was Based of of that!!

Also, Front Brake backing plates were deleted in the Sedan, and Never returned

the the Nomad

Also Lost in the Nomad was the Rear seat back  rear faceCargo Floor extention!!

I have the Stock Sedan, and a few Nomad from After that tool modification

Here is hoping they realize the mistake the made and return/retool those parts!!!

I'm working on a pro street version with the chassis and floor pan from the late issue '57 with the blue car on the box and the big block engine, even though I think I'll use a new ZL-1 for power, and I've got an extra Viper engine to get the TKO T-56 transmission from.