Model Cars Magazine Forum

Although its way off from completion, I thought I'd share anyway. Is an AMT kit, heavily modified of course. It has wheels from the California Wheels '64 Chevy truck, a custom rearend using the 9" centersection and leaf springs from the AMT '67 Cyclone. Interior will be bucket seats mounted atop the base from the original bench, to get the correct height. It'll also have the stock dash, but I'm unsure of door panels. The frame uses 3/4 of the kit rails and 2 of the original crossmembers. The front frame clip is scratchbuilt and awaiting a Mustang II setup. This is the most it has ever been assemlbed, just for these pics. Power was going to be from a Boss 429 from "The Cat" street machine, but this is going to be changed to something more detailed. I was thinking the Boss 429 from Replicas and Miniatures Co. of Maryland, or the one from the R/M Boss 429 Mustang.

model016.jpg

model017.jpg

I also posted it cause I need some ideas. Paint is either going to be Testors Custom Laquer Citrus Yellow (even though its green), candy green, or some sord of yellow-orange metallic. Also, where can I get a Mustang II front suspension, either kit or aftermarket? Feel free to throw in your 2 cents, I need some inspiration to get this thing done.