Model Cars Magazine Forum

1968 Roadrunner WIP Updated Pictures 8/20

drodg

1968_roadrunner.thumb.jpg.35a2740626f363I am in the process of working on my 1968 Roadrunner.  I am using MCW paints with the color being the 1968 Avocado Green.  It is going well and I am trying to build a fairly simple kit by not wiring the engine etc.  Some changes I am making are to add rocker moldings and using Keith Mark's decals for the rear tailight panel and lenses.  roadrunner_3.thumb.jpg.c4d7e32a99bb4b416

Spending time now buffing and polishing the paint.  Thanks for looking

One more photo68_roadrunner_2.thumb.jpg.e399a56deaef3d

Edited by drodg

The color has turned out looking great as  I am copying a 1:1 car I found on the internet.  I had put the kit down for a few months after finishing the interior etc and I picked up again this week and plan on finishing it.  I somehow overlooked that c pillar seem mold line and I should have used a little putty and sanded it.  Oh well.  The kit looks right to me except the one area that is a challenge is the grill.  I have been working on the headlights to make them look more correct etc.  Keith Mark's decals help that horrible tail light situation also.   Anyhow thanks everyone and I will keep posting after I get the body polished out and probably shoot another coat of clear on it.  Have a good day.

This is the first kit I built when I got back into this after 30 years. I built mine of a good friend of mine's 1:1. Had a blast. One of my favorite cars. Yours looks similar. We modeled the same interior color option. My friends car has a darker green exterior.Yours looks very nice. Keep up the good work.

• 2 weeks later...

I have polished out the paint and it is looking good.  I am finishing up the chassis this week.  PeeBee you can certainly use my interior as reference.    I will try to post this week a few more shots now that the paint is polished and the chassis is close to being finished.   Thanks

Here are some updated photos.  I am still working on getting the orange peel out of the body but it looks pretty good at this point.  The chassis is coming along and I should be able to finish the chassis  this week and start the bare metal foil etc.  68_RR.thumb.jpg.e897183c6398a6bee1e951fa68_RR__II.thumb.jpg.dfcdd2f91f90dced016d

Edited by drodg