Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mack Superliner update 9/7

It's been a while sense I've worked on anything , so I thought I would start on the American Superliner .

I started with cutting the frame to shorten it , I'm going to use Mack rear suspension from AITM , wheels from Kit Form Service, and scratch built cross memebers

Thanks for looking

IMG_0726.JPG

IMG_0730.JPG

IMG_0737.JPG

IMG_0739.JPG

IMG_0738.JPG

IMG_0728.JPG

Edited by k100

Mark,

You have captured my full attention with this build. And I like what I see here thus far. The combination of aftermarket parts is also interesting. And somewhat similar to what I have in mind for this model. So I will be following this thread closely!

Be Well

Gator

Some updates , I filled in the cut outs on the front fenders and added some under hood detail.

I also took the big jump and started cutting up the cab, hopefully every thing will fit right .

IMG_0745.JPG

IMG_0747.JPG

IMG_0748.JPG

IMG_0751.JPG

Edited by k100

Whats the deal with the cab? Im not familiar.

To the best of my understanding Italeri simply took the Freightliner kit and adapted the Mack cab to fit. If you will notice the Italeri cab angles inward in front of the doors. The cab needs to be narrowed to correct this. The links that Jim posted give good info on this. I did have the original issues of those magazines myself, but thought that I was out of modeling for good, so I got rid of them. Oh well, live and learn.

Thanks Brian for explaining that. 

I never really gave it any thought about the cab until i read the articles .

It does look better after being trimmed down. Hopefully I can do it without screwing it all up.