Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mack Superliner update 9/7

Thanks Ben , I just got my Mack V8 from Auslowe , Ill be starting on that soon.

Dave thank you for the comment , the day cab panel came from Auslowe .

I was nerves about cutting up the cab but it went well , the cut down cab seams to line up with the hood pretty good .

I have a question for you guys , I have resin 1693TA  Cat engine kit would this be correct for this kit , or should I use the Cat engine from the snap Peterbilt or Kenworth kits ?

Thank you.

I for one like the 1693 idea. There is one used everyday here in town that has the Mack V-8 still running strong. The construction company that I worked for back in the early 90s had a Superliner with the inline 6 cylinder Mack engine. The thing that you need to remember that this is your build, and unless you are modeling an exact replica of a particular subject, you have some freedom of choice. If I'm not mistaken, the Superliner came out in the last days of the 1693 around 1980. A glider could have been bought in 1980 (or so) and a used 1693 went back to work in its new rolling chassis (among other possibilities). Something you might consider is putting round headlight bulbs in the headlight frames to back date it some closer to the 1693 era, but again the choice is yours. Regardless, around here things get swapped around all the time. I pulled a 72 Ford pickup into the shop one day and raised the hood to find a 360 Dodge engine (???). The point is that there is no wrong choice. You are doing awesome work by the way!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Brian and Ben for the kind words .

The cab is pretty much done other than a little filling and sanding .

IMG_0810.JPG

IMG_0811.JPG

That is going to look swwwweet! I have seen those tires before!!! Those look just right for this type of truck!

Also, I know what I'll be doing with my Superliner... Put a KFS transkit on it!

Edited by BigBad

• 4 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you for comment , unfortunately I lost Interest in this model , I sold it to a friend of mine , now I kick myself in the head for selling it I have another kit so maybe I’ll start another one . 
Be safe 

15 hours ago, k100 said:

Thank you for comment , unfortunately I lost Interest in this model , I sold it to a friend of mine , now I kick myself in the head for selling it I have another kit so maybe I’ll start another one . 
Be safe 

That’s ok. People lose interest all the time. You were doing awesome work on yours. My project that you inspired is in its box. I will get back to it after University studies are over. I’ve got a few projects on the go. I’ve started to go for simply Modifying snap fit 1/32 trucks and some box stock Tamiya 1/24 sports cars. 

Ben

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...