Model Cars Magazine Forum

micheals kits

Richie

Hey guys just so you know i just went to micheals and saw some kits on sale. Camaro 69 2n1 for 5.99 and dodge dart hemi 2n1 for 6.99. Check your local store they might differ but thier are some really good sales

Yea i couldnt believe it . went in there with the fam and i took a walk to the model car section. I had to do a double take on those prices. I was pissed i paid 25 bucks for the dart kit awhile ago and now its 6.99. They also had the srt10 truck for 5.99 and a 63 impals and chevell for under 10 bucks. They might b bringing in new stock

Edited by Richie

Recently I scored the Revell '57 Bel Air,'63 Chevy California Wheels edition,and a Monogram'70 Challenger on clearance there.Even though I have those kits already,at that price I wasn't going to pass on them.Now I'll have to back and see if the Darts are at that cheap clearance price here.

Edited by ZTony8

Yes i remember seeing the merc there too.

No deal like that at the Brooklyn store. The Camaro is available for 22 bucks. 

keep checking. I bought a couple kits i already had at home. I might use them for trade bait or sell. 

I know its a long shot but if anybody can help me out with a 68 Hemi dart and the 49 Merc kit Id be very grateful, im in the UK so cant visit Michaels unfortunately, I will pay all the shipping etc, please PM me if anyone can pick me up these.

I didn't see this post til now, but I dropped by my San Francisco (Colma, CA actually) Michael's yesterday and everything was at the usual price.  The paint section looked like it had been ransacked by visigoths - same as when I was there a month ago.  Wish they'd straighten it out and restock!

I didn't see this post til now, but I dropped by my San Francisco (Colma, CA actually) Michael's yesterday and everything was at the usual price.  The paint section looked like it had been ransacked by visigoths - same as when I was there a month ago.  Wish they'd straighten it out and restock!

Given it was in Colma I'm guessing the damage wasn't from Visigoths. It Was Zombies!! ;)

This was from the Glenview, IL store an hour ago:

Revell Hemi Dart $6.99 (got one; there's one more left)

Revell custom '49 Merc $14.99 (sure wish it was $6.99 here!)

Monogram '85 Camaro $8.99

MPC '72 GTO $8.99

Monogram '64½ Mustang $8.99

Monogram Dodge Ram VTS $8.99

Revell '70 Challenger $11.99

Revell '57 Chevy 2-door Calif. Wheels 2-in-1 $12.99

2 Mustangs and 2 GTOs in stock, at least 1 each of the rest. Everything else regular price (including all the newer kits; Hobby Lobby had the Christine '58 Plymouth on sale but Michael's didn't).

Edited by ChrisBcritter

Given it was in Colma I'm guessing the damage wasn't from Visigoths. It Was Zombies!! ;)

that store can't afford to have sales, business has been dead lately.?:P

I got your tires ready to go but did not get hem in the mail today.  A friend of mine died while cutting his grass so I have been over at his house all afternoon and didn't get to the Post Office. I will mail them tomorrow. Elvin