Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pocher Bugatti 50 T and other large kits collected

Not really. The 1/16 scale kits are engineered completely differently than the Pocher kits, and the CDs deal specifically with the way the Pocher kits go together and address issues unique to the Pocher kits. Almost all the build info on Koo's disks is completely irrelevant to anything but the specific Pocher kit it's meant for. Koo's Pocher CDs would be basically useless as far as help in assembling your 1/16 scale kits. About all they would have on them that you could use are reference photos of real cars, but you probably have more reference photos collected then are on any of these build CDs.

Not really. The 1/16 scale kits are engineered completely differently than the Pocher kits, and the CDs deal specifically with the way the Pocher kits go together and address issues unique to the Pocher kits. Almost all the build info on Koo's disks is completely irrelevant to anything but the specific Pocher kit it's meant for. Koo's Pocher CDs would be basically useless as far as help in assembling your 1/16 scale kits. About all they would have on them that you could use are reference photos of real cars, but you probably have more reference photos collected then are on any of these build CDs.

Thanks. 

Continued self indulgent posting of the Pocher collection. Next up the F 40 and its engine kit

I purchased it assembled but it had an accident and obvious fall. I refurbished it a bit, but it needs a tear down, new paint, fix body panels and breakage of front clip

Even so, she displays nicely in my office.

image.jpg2_6.jpg

All three Pocher engine kits, to be made and displayed alongside their model.

image.jpg1_34.jpg

I will have to get a separate Alfa Romeo engine as it is not done in this kit form...that is weird as the Alfa is the most beautiful engine of all of them. They are pricey on E bay

Edited by Twokidsnosleep

You will also need separate living quarters and arrangements to have visitation with those two lovely kids who used to keep you awake.

Destroy your credit card............

I think my wife appreciates, on some level, this hobby of mine.

I am every bit a family man, have few vices and she understands my hobbies insulate me from the work stress.

I joke a lot about her when in reality she makes sure the credit card charge is valid, harrumphs a bit and moves on

Dont worry Cato, you are safe

I've got the Alfa and Fiat CDs by Paul Koo and they are both well worth the price of addmission.

absolutely agree. I will get the other Cd's corresponding to my cars as well

• 1 month later...

Between a money pit of a new house build and a rapidly falling Canadian loonie, I am glad I spent the last year collecting some of the kits on my bucket list. At 75 cents CAD  to an American dollar, I won't be buying anything States side or on E Bay for a while.

Perfect time for the economy to slump and drive up the cost of building materials to boot. Gonna be an interesting year for us.