Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pocher Bugatti 50 T and other large kits collected

Sorry guys, the little spare room is buried in boxes and junk. I am saving the Pocher builds for the new workshop space and we have not even knocked our other house down.

It is gonna be a long 18 months 

So, some more from the  kits  collection

Pocher Monza and Fiat (1/12 scale)

image.jpg2_3.jpg

Edited by Twokidsnosleep

The big Bugatti has landed, FOB picture at work. It is a huge box and in brand new condition for its age.

This is the newer 50T version that they left the gearing out of the rear differential, but still a beauty

More pics when can

IMG_2178.JPG-1.jpeg

I am officially very jealous.

There's one on ebay right now for $1200 BIN. I almost pulled the trigger... been lusting after one of these for years... but couldn't quite do it.

They are absolutely stupid in price and the auctions go bonkers. I know the seller for this one so was especially motivated for this particular kit

If it is this one below, it is one Paul Koo has for sale as a "Buy Now" auction.......that would be a good, complete kit for sure and about the same as I paid when factor in my CA dollar and shipping

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/POCHER-1-8-K76-BUGATTI-50T-MODEL-KIT-VINTAGE-VERSION-unstarted-complete-/321822089333?hash=item4aee176075

Mine ended at a late hour and I sniped a guy with a last 30 second bid so there was no time for him to drive the price up anymore

Sometimes that works and other times I get burnt

Edited by Twokidsnosleep

That is great, good for you!

Gotta cross that off your bucket list and make the Bugatti after the Rolls is done

Absolutely. It's next up on my "to do" list... probably will be my winter project. B)  And I'm happy to have snagged one of the early issues with the geared rear end. More parts = more fun! :D

That is great, good for you!

Gotta cross that off your bucket list and make the Bugatti after the Rolls is done

Absolutely. It's next up on my "to do" list... probably will be my winter project. B)  And I'm happy to have snagged one of the early issues with the geared rear end. More parts = more fun! :D

OK I'm just telling you Harry, When you finish a Shooting Brake AND freakin Bugatti before I finish my lump, my blood will be on your hands.

In the immortal words of Popeye 'Dat's all I can stands, I can't stands no more!!'

My wife figures all you guys are a bad influence

I have a year's worth of kit purchases stored in my private office at work

I am going to stop purchasing for a bit, do some small builds to keep sane and focus on designing my hobby workshop space. Maybe do a thread on designing it???

Edited by Twokidsnosleep

The last of my classics , the Alfa Spider Touring

It is a bit of a gong show. No box, no instructions, a miss mash of parts poorly painted and likely missing nuts and bolts and bits. I got instructions and Paul Koos Alfa DVD, organized stuff into zip locks and a plastic bin container.

I may do this one last so I don't go nuts and get overwhelmed. 

imagejpg2-2.jpg

Edited by Twokidsnosleep

And to have even less stuff, sell that 'instruction book' on eBay for $10. It's virtually useless.

Dang, I paid $12 for it after I got the Alfa.....a least it is a roadmap if not difinitive guide. I have not looked through Paul's DVD to any great extent, but am sure my laptop will get a workout with it when the time comes.

Hey Cato, I see what you mean with photos and editing in the new site.....even just a couple pics and it is harder now than before to organize them. Takes more time adjusting to change when getting older

Edited by Twokidsnosleep

Scott, I hope I'm not hijacking your topic here, but seeing as how we're talking Pocher Bugattis, I hope this will be ok...

I just want to publicly give a shout out to Paul Koo. He's the man who has done those terrific Pocher build CDs, where he goes through the buildup process step by step, in great detail, along with hundreds of photos, describing exactly the various problems and pitfalls you'll encounter when building a Pocher... and more importantly, how to solve those problems and get around those pitfalls. IMO, Paul's CDs are a must-have when building a Pocher. They are cheap insurance against the typical Pocher problems. After dropping several hundred bucks (or even up to a couple grand in some cases) on a Pocher kit, you must also buy his build CD.

Anyway, it turns out that the seller of the Bugatti I just bought was Paul! I have two of his build CDs (Mercedes and RR), so I was familiar with him. Along with my offer, I mentioned that I owned two of his CDs.

He had the Bugatti listed at a BIN price, but I figured what the heck... I'll shoot him a message and make an offer. What's the worst thing that can happen? He'll say "thanks but no thanks," right? So what did I have to  lose?

Well, it turns out that not only did he agree to my offer, but he threw in one of his Bugatti build CDs for free!

I want to give the man a public thank you. B)

Perfect spot to praise Paul's generosity and no hijack at all He is an awesome guy and keeps Pocher builds alive!

He helped me out with my Pocher Ferrari F40 and has a great article on his E Bay site about purchasing Pocher kits

Very approachable and helpful

I have his Alfa DVD and will get the Bugatti one when my wife returns my credit card...he he just kidding,

she will never return it :(

Scott, I hope I'm not hijacking your topic here, but seeing as how we're talking Pocher Bugattis, I hope this will be ok...

I just want to publicly give a shout out to Paul Koo. He's the man who has done those terrific Pocher build CDs, where he goes through the buildup process step by step, in great detail, along with hundreds of photos, describing exactly the various problems and pitfalls you'll encounter when building a Pocher... and more importantly, how to solve those problems and get around those pitfalls. IMO, Paul's CDs are a must-have when building a Pocher. They are cheap insurance against the typical Pocher problems. After dropping several hundred bucks (or even up to a couple grand in some cases) on a Pocher kit, you must also buy his build CD.

Anyway, it turns out that the seller of the Bugatti I just bought was Paul! I have two of his build CDs (Mercedes and RR), so I was familiar with him. Along with my offer, I mentioned that I owned two of his CDs.

He had the Bugatti listed at a BIN price, but I figured what the heck... I'll shoot him a message and make an offer. What's the worst thing that can happen? He'll say "thanks but no thanks," right? So what did I have to  lose?

Well, it turns out that not only did he agree to my offer, but he threw in one of his Bugatti build CDs for free!

I want to give the man a public thank you. B)

Would the Koo CDs be helpful for building the 1/16 Rolls PII and Mercedes 540K? I downloaded the Pocher manuals for detail reference.