Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/24 Revell Superbee Quarter stripes

I mistakenly placed this in Parts Wanted...well--because they're parts I wanted. I'm building a grudge match hemi version of this kit and upon closer inspection of the Quarter stripes have noticed that the bees are backwards. No big deal for this project, but the next Superbee in line for construction is to be a very detailed stock A12 version. Does anyone know if the CORRECT quarter panel stripe decals are being produced in 1/24 by anyone in the after market? The Hemi Bee can be built without stripes--no big deal, it's a race car anyway--but I feel them to be important for the factory build. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks for looking...

Jason, I had just packed up my '69 Super Bee to take to a club meeting tonight, and after reading your post I had to unpack it to check, and I'll be darned as I had never noticed the reversed "bee" on the stripes. Yes you made me look, and thanks for the keen observation, "good eye." I just love dem Mopars!

Thanks for the tips. Keith Marks and I are actually in the same model club here in Winnipeg. Those stripes are 1/25 for the AMT 1970 Superbee--I guessed that with a little surgery, and an extra set for length, they can be made to work. Joseph--If those wheels and tires turn out anywhere close to the rendering...I'm in for 3 sets right off the bat if they are to be made generally available!  It looks fantastic! The 69 A12 project would be pushed to the front of the line with a set of these on hand...and a spare for the opened trunk...