Model Cars Magazine Forum

1961 Ford Starliner Street Machine

StevenGuthmiller

Absolutely fabulous from what I can see, but for some reason all your photos are "squashed" side to side, making the model look short and stumpy, This is how your photos look on my screen..

galaie_zpsovfn5iod.jpg

Am I the only one having this problem?

my phone does the same but not always!

Steve,

It looks amazing ( as I expected )  Glad to be able to help with the wheels. Looks like they went to a  good home. And the '58 Sunliner conv body saved my builtup .

I have been looking for a clean builder 61 Ford for  myself . But unlike you,,,,,,,,, I want the roof-less version.

By the way, on the wifes' Notebook it's "squashed" too.  Mine is OK, different screen resolution.  I've only noticed this with this particular thread.

The pictures and the model look fantastic on my desktop iMac, but squashed on my iPad Air tablet. Maybe it's a mobile app thing. 

The problem isn't on the user end, it's with the photos themselves and how they were saved (what size, resolution, etc.).

I downloaded one of the photos and tried to open it in Photoshop... got an error message: Could not complete your request because a JPEG marker segment length is too short (the file may be truncated or incomplete).

Not sure exactly what that means, but if I can't open the image in Photoshop (or in Preview, or Adobe Bridge, which is sort of a "preview" software, either), that tells me it's not my computer, but the photo.

It's an original AMT annual that I picked up on ebay.

They're pretty rare, but they do pop up on occasion.

Here's a before pic & a shot of the original box.

photo DSCN4407_zpsfoyhszeb.jpg

Thanks for letting me know, Steve!

The problem isn't on the user end, it's with the photos themselves and how they were saved (what size, resolution, etc.).

I downloaded one of the photos and tried to open it in Photoshop... got an error message: Could not complete your request because a JPEG marker segment length is too short (the file may be truncated or incomplete).

Not sure exactly what that means, but if I can't open the image in Photoshop (or in Preview, or Adobe Bridge, which is sort of a "preview" software, either), that tells me it's not my computer, but the photo.

I was able to download 2 of these photos, crop them (to save on file size), and saved them to my photos folder. Now, if the photos were bad, everyone would be having problems viewing/downloading them, right? One other thing, did the photo get saved in .jpg or .jpeg format - they are the same but some programs can't handle the longer file type extension, and will say that the file is corrupted, etc.

Edited by fseva

Thanks so much guys!

The '61 Starliner is probably my favorite Ford body style from the 50s-60s.

My second favorite is most likely the '67 Galaxie.

I need to find one of those @ some point!

Steve

Wow. just wow. Incredible work. Is the interior 3 tone paint or decals?

Thanks Lee!

The interior is done the way I usually do them.

Just paint, masking tape & plenty of time! :)

Steve

Steve,

It looks amazing ( as I expected )  Glad to be able to help with the wheels. Looks like they went to a  good home. And the '58 Sunliner conv body saved my builtup .

I have been looking for a clean builder 61 Ford for  myself . But unlike you,,,,,,,,, I want the roof-less version.

Thanks again for the wheels Bill.

It just wouldn't have looked the same without them.

I just stripped them & shot them with Testors Metallizer "Aluminum Plate".

After a little polishing, they looked great, so I just left them alone.

If you're looking for a '61 convertible, I have something you may be interested in.

If you see this message, PM me, or I will PM you @ a later date to show you what I've got.

Thanks again!

Steve

It's an original AMT annual that I picked up on ebay.

They're pretty rare, but they do pop up on occasion.

Here's a before pic & a shot of the original box.

photo DSCN4407_zpsfoyhszeb.jpg

Thanks for letting me know, Steve!

I was able to download 2 of these photos, crop them (to save on file size), and saved them to my photos folder. Now, if the photos were bad, everyone would be having problems viewing/downloading them, right? One other thing, did the photo get saved in .jpg or .jpeg format - they are the same but some programs can't handle the longer file type extension, and will say that the file is corrupted, etc.

All I can tell you guys is that they are JPEG images dragged & dropped from my hard drive to Photobucket, & then copied & pasted to the forum.

Dimensions are 2592 x 1944. Most pics around 1 MB if that helps any.

Don't really know what else to say, everything looks good where I'm sitting.

The pics look the same on my hard drive, Photobucket & the forum.

Steve

When I downloaded one of the photos via Firefox, I got an error message when trying to open it in Photoshop.

When I downloaded the same photo via Chrome. it opened fine and displayed correctly in Photoshop.

Yet in both Firefox and Chrome the photo is squished when seen here int his thread, but looks correct in Safari!

Somehow my Firefox and Chrome are handling the photos differently than my Safari, which is the only browser that's displaying them correctly.

Weird... :blink: