Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dino 206 Competizione

aurfalien

Thanks guys, will do.

This is an odd one though. If you search Dino 206, 206S or 206GT you don't get this car.  However it's a Dino 206 Competizione which is a bit different from the 206.  Plus this model has 8 intake funnels as I guess the Wolf car based on some Anime is a beefed up 8 cylinder.

• 1 month later...

I was just about done when I warped the front quarter panel/hood.  Just about everything else is painted but I had to strip the body which was turning out a very cool yellow.  I ran out of RTV silicone to cast the front quarter so this is on hold for a bit.

IMG_1269.JPG

Edited by aurfalien

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And so the saga continues.  What started out as a simple model almost ended as a melt down due to impatience.

The recast front quater went well enough and gave me a base albeit serious body work is still needed.  But at least I have a full body now.  The proper way would have been to replace the entire front end evenly but I only wanted to cast a small amount keeping as much of the original body as possible.

I'm looking to complete this one very soon and move on to a amore simple model.

IMG_1321.jpg

Great choice for the project Brian, I am following closely with great anticipation.

Regards

Brian

Thanks dude.  I just aligned and glued on the cast quarter to the body using supports placed underneath.  I did this so the surface is level with the rest of the car as my cast part is a little thicker then the plastic.

It was a hack cast, and I built my mold box from clay and did other things to cut corners and speed the casting process.

IMG_1334.jpg

IMG_1335.jpg

So I finally got it primered.  Still unsure if I'm going to do a final white or yellow primer before the final yellow paint though.

The picture is of the completely replaced front right quarter as it originally melted.  Plus I sat on the poor thing and had to use a filler/primer.

I just can't give up on this little car.  So much for being an easy 3rd build.  I did what AFX said and went with an easier kit, one thats curb side.  Oh well.

Now I know I can do resin casting and panel replacements which is cool.  Although I don't plan on doing it any time soon :)

primered.jpg

That is  an impressive save.....I dare say I would have had to bin it as don't have those moulding skills

Nicely done

Thanks dude!

Well, I put a lot of time in the other parts of this this thing and it pained me to have it wasted.

Plus this modeling thing is a real PITA for me.

Its "just" fun enough to keep me going.

But others build posts keep me motivated.

Thanks again dude.

Did you use another body?

Forgot to answer your question.

At first I studied reverse molding and came to the conclsuion of f%^*$ it!

I then bought another kit, made a mold and sold it (traded rather).

I used PinkySil as it was cheaper then the Alumilite stuff but it's a soft mold.  I prefer the hard kind as is supplied by Alumilite.

I look forward to a totally fun build.

You are a fast reply :)

In my world of dental stuff, it is challenging when someone busts an anterior tooth and I need to make them a temporary. I either have to sculpt it out of direct resins OR wax the shape and take an image of the wax up and then make the temporary. I can't see making a wax quarter panel for something complicated like a car

Edited by Twokidsnosleep