Model Cars Magazine Forum

Got Fins ?

Greg Myers

There should be a prize for anyone who can name all the different car makes of the parts used on this one! :lol:

Well, so far I see Ford Ranger (which might  be what it is), Nash and Chevy.  Not sure on the quarters/bedsides, but I swear that roof is some sort truck hood.

There should be a prize for anyone who can name all the different car makes of the parts used on this one! :lol:

I don't think most of them are from this planet. :wacko:

My favorite isolated part has to be the little stainless piece behind the hood. Sets off the whole car. :lol:

Maybe you're right--maybe that's the detonator button! :lol:

Collectible Automobilie car puzzle come to life! :lol:

Fins look like an Imperial. Early Rambler front clip. I agree about the Ranger doors.

Could it be a Ranger under all that mess?

Charlie Larkin

It does have I beams and a ranger wheel on the front but looks like a GM wheel on the back...

That's what i was thinking...

It's definitely a Ranger, but I'm not sure if you can get the Rally's in a 4.5"x5 bolt patter or if the "builder" would have swapped a whole GM rear axle in it just to fit the Rally wheels.  Considering the rest of the work on that....thing, I can see the "builder" doing that.

It does have I beams and a ranger wheel on the front but looks like a GM wheel on the back...

That can't be a Chevy Rally Wheel...can it?