Model Cars Magazine Forum

'62 Catalina 1/4 mile car

StyreneDestinations

This is my first Under Glass post so be gentle on me please. This is an older build up of the '62 Catalina 1/25 kit. I added plug wires, tire weights, oil dip stick, and I cut the front spindles with a Jeweler's file to allow display at "full lock" right turn. I can't take credit for those beautiful fuel ines, they're part of this kit. Front bumper stripped and replated with a duller chrome to look like an aluminum unit which some of these Drag Cats had. I built it this way to be a part of an early 60's drag strip diorama which I hope to complete some day. Bare metal foil trim & polished rattle can paint round out this build. Comments pro and con always welcome.

P9170289.JPG

P9170287.JPG

Thanks one and all for the comments.  I'll keep the builds coming- I have a few more I'd like to post now that I found this amazing forum and community.  Thanks for the props on the T/A too. I always thought the front ride height came out a little high but it was such a clean build I left it.  But make a note to knock it down in front if you ever buiild that kit. 

Hi Mark,

Not to worry, the guys here are gentle, and only very seldom is criticism available.  I think it's admirable to offer the choice to criticize or not.

I like your model.  Good attention to detail that you've well exercised.  Personally I think the flat looking black paint under the hood would be better in a more satin look, but as a Mopar guy I prefer body color under the hood, so here I'm out of line.

I know the old Pontiacs from back then, as radical over the counter parts were available and not especially expensive.  A childhood buddy built his 64GTO with such parts and the thing sounded very radical and for the street it was a handful, actually a pita do drive.  It did sound good though!  Very hard hitting.

Very good attention to the wheel detailing!  I like!

Michael

Gary:

Enjoyed your You Tube videos very much. I've got a Color Me Gone Dodge 330 under construction also. Please keep us informed on this build!

Thanks for watching my channel Mark, keep watching to folllow the build on the Dodge, done a bit more on it tonight stripping the chrome of the wheels etc

• 1 month later...