Model Cars Magazine Forum

Corvette Callaway Speedster

signmike

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is the first time I've seen one of these finished. ,, and an excellent job of it too.

I have one I started when the kit was new. Painted it with a Honda DelSol color that was a pretty good match for the green on the real car but that's as far as I went with it.

Haven't seen this kit built many times which is too bad since it is a very nice looking car. I started this kit a few years back but wrecked the paint job so after stripping it went back in the box and has stayed there. Seeing how nicely yours turned out might inspire me to take another look in the box.

rob

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I would love to know what the 3 base coats were, and if they were mixed together or applied separately

Sorry for being late with this. The colour I used was Tamiya aluminium spray decanted with Tamiya clear green in bottle. I added some green base coat that I don't remember. I know it's not helping much but it is a dark geen having a bluish tint...best I can do. The Tamiya aluminium has a very fine metallic that looks more to scale than many base colour for real car and also many model spray paint.

The red on the steering wheel is the Callaway Brand Name. Callaway for a long time have produce performance Corvette and equipment. My guess is you'd have to contact them to buy the car. Here in Canada, it was not available through the dealer...as I know of.