Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford C900 tractor instructions

I've got one of the older stake truck kits which includes the parts for the tractor. Unfortunately it doesn't show how to assemble the frame. Anyone have a copy of the instructions from the tractor that they could scan or post a photo of? Basically just need to see how the cross members are supposed to go in and how to do the 5th wheel. Everything else should be pretty much the same.

I know there used to be a site with a bunch of instructions on it but I am not finding it.

Thanks

I don't have the C900, I do have the C600. I don't think they are the same. 600 looks longer http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/103705-clarification-amt-c-series-fords/?do=findComment&comment=1460727 I do belive you have seen this post. Looks like you might want to see if Chuck Most has the info you seek.

If you want the 600 info let me now.

Jonathan

Yeah, I've got the kit from the first post with the white truck on the box. It has the tractor parts, but it doesn't show how the short frame goes together. I can figure out the front, but the back end is unclear. The last piece shown is in with the stake bed parts so I don't believe should be used on the tractor. That second link doesn't show the tractor chassis, that is the longer chassis used on the box truck.

I got several of these kits cheap a few years back, and since they included the parts for a tractor I never bothered to get one of the tractor only kits...

Edited by Aaronw

So it looks like just one cross member. That pic looks just like what I've got on the C600 only it says "2 middle cross members". This is good to know I have 4 more in my stash and would like to do something different. Thanks Aaron for asking the Q and thanks Todd for the A.

Yeah it turns out to be easier than I was making it. I just wasn't seeing that rear cross member on the sprue so thought there must be a different piece on the tractor. I parted out the stake bed sometime ago and thought it must have gone with those parts. The problem really comes to vision and taking the time to really look over the sprue.  :huh:

Thanks, its all good now.