Model Cars Magazine Forum

modelhaus order

A couple of things about The Modelhaus:

1. As mentioned, they will be retiring and since the announcement, they have been swamped with orders.

2. Earlier this year they lost their youngest son suddenly and closed for a couple of weeks while they dealt with the unexpected tragedy.

3. They have some stuff in stock, but many times cast parts as they receive orders, so no matter how small or big your order is, it might not be ready for awhile.

4. They have a system where orders are shipped in the order they were received, so even if your parts are in stock, they clear the oldest orders first before getting the new orders out.

5. Don and Carol have a great business and their quality and service is something all companies should imitate.

I have been compiling a list of parts and kits I want from them and will be placing my order soon, knowing that it will take awhile to get. Have patience, you will love the product.

Looking back at the e-mails, my order was confirmed May 10, and it shipped July 21, so it was about 10 weeks give or take.  (Totally worth the wait.)   I will be putting in another order later this Fall to get everything I will ever need or want for the rest of my life.  (Don't let Cathie see the magnitude of either of these, or I will have to buy her a large number of shoes!)    I ordered some small parts (Taillights, Air cleaners and a few small things) tons of wheels and tires two conversion sets ('68 Olds and '68 Chevelle)  and one kit.  ('61 Starliner)  It was all excellent.  My next order will be larger, and will include a couple of car and truck kits.  Their stuff is all top notch and very well cast.  The plated parts are well done too.

And one last thing about the Modelhaus........They don't bill your credit card until the order ships! 

Given the fact that they were shut down for nearly a month with the loss of their son, waiting 10 weeks or so is probably about right given the lead times.

its my first time ordering and i hear nothing but great things about them and thier products ,,i was just curious about delivery times ,thanks everyone for the feedback and your right nick ,i will definately have my parts before i can finish  all my kits lol..

thanks again

jim

Right now it is a 10 - 12 week wait. This may grow longer as they are continuing to be swamped with orders since the retirement notice.  I keep sendng in very large orders every 8 weeks or so to get all the parts I need to complete about 100 old builder kits. Used to just order parts when I started on one of the kits but that won't be an option in the future. Very expensive year for me!

I recently ordered 3 full kits...a Cheetah, 64? Dodge crew cab pickup, and a 64 Polara? I don't have 'em in front of me that why I'm not sure of the last two...duh! Lol! It only took two months to get them. I don't think that was bad at all. I love the Modelhaus products! I don't care how long it takes, I know I'm getting an awesome product!!!!

Have you tried asking Modelhaus how long it will take? They are the source, so ask them :) 

From their web site: We make to order. Due to increased orders in response to our announced retirement in May 2017, please allow 4-12 weeks for delivery.

I will leave behind kits when i die because there is always something new to buy...

A LOT of us will do that Carl, however as I get older I no longer feel the need to "stockpile" kits. Like a lot of us, I have plenty to build and I'm sure that I'll leave plenty behind as well. No sense in adding more fuel to the fire. Yes I'll still buy kits in the future, but now I'm being more selective and hopefully buying less kits.

A LOT of us will do that Carl, however as I get older I no longer feel the need to "stockpile" kits. Like a lot of us, I have plenty to build and I'm sure that I'll leave plenty behind as well. No sense in adding more fuel to the fire. Yes I'll still buy kits in the future, but now I'm being more selective and hopefully buying less kits.

I don't have really that many but i build slower and not making much progress. i am like you now very selective.  Not an impulse buyer anymore...

Ordered a full kit plus a half dozen assorted parts at the end of May and just got email notice at the end of last week that my order was in the mail. My original email said the order could take up to three months so I'm happy considering the quality of their products.