Model Cars Magazine Forum

Stretched Lone Star

Finished this a month or so back and forgot to post pics of it until yesterday when doing pics with my other trucks. I stretched the frame about 5+ scale feet, can't remember the exact math. The base is Model Master Diamond Dust topped with Modelaster Pure Gold followed by Alclad Candy Blue for the fenders and flames. Over the Pure Gold I sprayed 5 coats Alclad Candy Purple and got a nice burgandy/brandywine color. The frame is Metalic Blue from Model Master. 

The figure is from a discontinued line call Locsters Riders, mostly used for my low rider builds. I lit the sleeper with 3 leds and made the bunk doors functional so I could a 9v battery underneath.

2015-08-17 09.14.08.jpg

2015-08-17 09.13.41.jpg

2015-08-17 09.13.16.jpg

@Bigtruck, 

I spent a few weeks painting it. I waited days between coats and colors sons not to have adhesive from the tape mar the finish. I wish it were perfect....I forgot to fade the bunk doors before doing the fade. :-( and the paint mask left a horrible adhesive residue. (Really pi $$ed me off!) I've talked to other builders who have used the same mask. Some with great results and others with the problems I had.

I took one shot next the ruled line on my build mat to show how long the truck is. The air and 7 way line came from one of the members here who makes them. 

• 4 weeks later...