Model Cars Magazine Forum

MH Pony 1/43 Tractor Kit

AzTom

Ray, The screw heads still show a little so as I mentioned, they had to come off. I just hit them with the Dremel.  The decal is on a red background so the paint is going to have to match that rather close. Digging through my test spoons I found MM lacquer Flame Red a near perfect match.

After seeing how nice it looked in red, I decided the flat disc steering wheel was not going to work either. Off to the parts bins.

Thanks for the kind words. 

Jonothan, Is this the GP your talking about? :)

Brian, That is a very nice looking tractor.  I bought this kit at least 20-25 yrs ago and it cam in a small clear bag with no markings. I don't remember who cast these or where I bought it, sorry 

I have a Pony in 1/16 scale that was made by JLE Scale Models. Should be able to find one of these for around $30.00. Universal Hobbies has a 1/43 that is more detailed than the kit I built for around $18.00. I think I saw that UH will also be doing a high detailed 1/16 scale Pony. 

JLE 1/16

Thanks for the kind words. 

Jonothan, Is this the GP your talking about? :)

JleMH4wheel_1011RS-vi.jpg

Thanks For the info. I will check it out.

Brian, That is a very nice looking tractor.  I bought this kit at least 20-25 yrs ago and it cam in a small clear bag with no markings. I don't remember who cast these or where I bought it, sorry 

I have a Pony in 1/16 scale that was made by JLE Scale Models. Should be able to find one of these for around $30.00. Universal Hobbies has a 1/43 that is more detailed than the kit I built for around $18.00. I think I saw that UH will also be doing a high detailed 1/16 scale Pony. 

JLE 1/16

JleMHPony_PS2598LF-vi.jpg