Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hearses, 1950's Indy Roadsters and Midgets, 1960's Super Stockers, the Singlefiinger Spped Shop, and tons of Classics

2015 Concours d'Elegance of the Americas at St. John's

After its move several years ago from Meadowbrook Hall in Rochester to the Inn at St. Johns in Plymouth, Michigan, what used to be known as the Meadowbrook Concours continues to grow in success and importance at its new location.

As always, Michigan weather this time of the year can be good or bad...after a soggy event last year, the weather was brilliant - just perfect - this year. Local media reported over 300 cars on display and well over 10,000 visitors during the event, which has now stretched into a three day affair. It takes over the entire St. John's facility and grounds, which is a highly impressive venue on its own.

The Concours committee continues to add special and feature classes, broadening the appeal beyond just the automotive Concours Cognoscenti. This year's special classes included a phenomenal display of six Duesenberg Model J's, 1950's Indy Roadsters and Midgets, early 1960's factory Super Stock drag racers, ten historically significant early hot rods in a pseudo-garage layout, a few cars from Bruce Meyer's collection, classic Hearses, Vintage Bentleys, and three of the five 1960's Italian Bizzarrini Syders (poen top coupes and roadsters) ever manufactured, displayed together for the first time ever.

This year I opted for VIP show passes, so the first half of the album is mostly devoid on people in the background. Also, please remember that I shoot all the cars I think would be of interest to anyone viewing this album, not just the ones that I find personally appealing. Where possible, I've included a photo of the information plaque displayed next to each Concours entry. Alas, while clear skies and tons of sun make for pleasant environment, they may for harsh lighting and shadows in photography - a small price to pay in my view.

Now....pour yourself a glass of fine wine or grab a cold beer, relax, and take a look at this year's edition of one of the top Concours events in America.

339 pictures at the link below....(also see Howard's pictures further down this board, iff you haven't already...)

Thanks for looking....TIM

http://public.fotki.com/funman1712/11-scale-automotive/2015-concours-deleg/

DSC 0849

DSC 0916

DSC 0974

Edited by tim boyd

Tim , Thank you so much for posting ALL THESE wonderful photos.  It`s great to see all these wonderful cars, what a great selection classics / sport cars /race cars and my favorite.... The Hearses... Thanks again for sharing your photos.....:D

Tim , Thank you so much for posting ALL THESE wonderful photos.  It`s great to see all these wonderful cars, what a great selection classics / sport cars /race cars and my favorite.... The Hearses... Thanks again for sharing your photos.....:D

John....appreciate the feedback.   This show is really starting to become a "can't miss" event, for all the reasons you mention.   Cheers, Tim . 

John....appreciate the feedback.   This show is really starting to become a "can't miss" event, for all the reasons you mention.   Cheers, Tim . 

NIce pics, but not a single Indy Roadster in the bunch--lots of gorgeous AAA/USAC Kurtis Offy Midgets, and several 1950's early 1960's USAC Sprint cars though/

Art