Model Cars Magazine Forum

Shelby Cobra Dragonsnake - 3/13 Update - Finshed

afx

Very promising I must say. The tan color of the body makes it look resin but the shape looks like it is AMT!!??

Thanks guys.  The body is a Trophy Series kit.  The plastic has darkened with age.

Edited by afx

Looks good. So that is a better starting point than the top from the 427 Dragonsnake?

I don't have the 427 "Baldwin Motion" kit so I can't compare them Len but my research tells me there are a few different style hardtops.  The hardtop in the Revell kit was used primarily on the 427 Cobras as best as I can tell. 

Revell%2085-7664%20BMCobrexc.JPG

I want to build a 289 Dragonsnake and I thought the Corvette top was a good starting point for one of the styles used on the small block cars.

cobra-vett drag

Edited by afx

Thanks JC for the info on the top. I will give that a shot.

Len, here are some photos of the different hardtop styles I have found. The Viking Blue car is a Shelby factory Dragonsnake (the first one built as a matter of fact).   The Costilow & Larsen car was a factory delivered Dragonsnake to a private owner.  You will notice how much more round the factory hardtop is.  From what I have seen of the Revell kit hardtop it is more square like the independent comp. car.

AimerTonySterDragonsnake68CobraAASP

big thumb 624af2724334b2627dcd0f557a843819

Edited by afx

Len, here are some photos of the different hardtop styles I have found. The Viking Blue car is a Shelby factory Dragonsnake (the first one built as a matter of fact).   The Costilow & Larsen car was a factory delivered Dragonsnake to a private owner.  You will notice how much more round the factory hardtop is.  From what I have seen of the Revell kit hardtop it is more square like the independent comp. car.

AimerTonySterDragonsnake68CobraAASP

big thumb 624af2724334b2627dcd0f557a843819

I want to build the Costilow & Larson car. It has the roof that looks just like the one fron the 427 Dragonsnake.

I want to build the Costilow & Larson car. It has the roof that looks just like the one fron the 427 Dragonsnake.

The most successful Dragonsnake of all time! 

Have you tried the Revell hardtop on the AMT body?  What do you plan to do for decals?