Model Cars Magazine Forum

Shelby Cobra Dragonsnake - 3/13 Update - Finshed

afx

Hot Rod Magazine did a very nice write up on the Reimer Brother's Dragonsnake in the May 2015 issue, an good read if you haven't seen it. This car was the only privateer Dragonsnake factory equipped with Weber carbs, a pretty neat setup. It was also the only Phase III built, and the only yellow Cobra ever to leave Shelby per the article. 

http://www.hotrod.com/cars/featured/1505-forgotten-shelbys-cobra-drag-car/

I'm looking forward to seeing this one come to life.

Hot Rod Magazine did a very nice write up on the Reimer Brother's Dragonsnake in the May 2015 issue, an good read if you haven't seen it. This car was the only privateer Dragonsnake factory equipped with Weber carbs, a pretty neat setup. It was also the only Phase III built, and the only yellow Cobra ever to leave Shelby per the article. 

http://www.hotrod.com/cars/featured/1505-forgotten-shelbys-cobra-drag-car/

I'm looking forward to seeing this one come to life.

I have read this article.  Thanks for posting it.  I really like the color of this car but that convertible up top would be challenging to recreate.

From my research:

Phase I: single 4-barrel carb, 270 HP

Phase II: dual 4-barrel carbs, 300 HP

Phase III: Weber carbs, 325 HP

So, basically you're just trimming the Corvette top ? aside from the locator pins and front header bar ? :)

That's it.  I sectioned it down the middle and removed 3 mm (3 scale inches) then just sanded and shaped it.

Edited by afx

that top is awesome!

I swear no two cobras were alike anyway.

Thanks Mike.  Yea Cobra where in a constant state of development with improvements being incorporated along the way. In addition they where hand built so some variation is inevitable.