Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1962 Buick 225 custom

BIGTRUCK

I'll get back to the 64 Chevy custom later. I started messing around with this Buick but working on the Chevy but the urges were so strong I had to abort and do this Buick. This kit is jammed packed with options as long as you have the 2009 issue. Color will be Revving red with red and white interior. Drop it low, add the continental kit, spots ,skirts, short side pipes and anything else I can find. Decal sheet was big until I checked it out, it was bad and came out of a sealed kit. Heres the mock up.DSC04974the kit

DSC04975DSC04976DSC04980front end

DSC04978DSC04979decals , was a nice sheet

I'll get back to the 64 Chevy custom later. I started messing around with this Buick but working on the Chevy but the urges were so strong I had to abort and do this Buick. This kit is jammed packed with options as long as you have the 2009 issue. Color will be Revving red with red and white interior. Drop it low, add the continental kit, spots ,skirts, short side pipes and anything else I can find. Decal sheet was big until I checked it out, it was bad and came out of a sealed kit. Heres the mock up.DSC04974the kit

DSC04975DSC04976DSC04980front end

DSC04978DSC04979decals , was a nice sheet

my suggestion is emailing AMT that photo of your decals, and getting them onboard to send you new ones. I have the kit, and checked mine just now, and they are perfect. for a nice custom that you are building, they are a must IMO......hope this helps,,,the ace......^_^

I was able to get the body done and in final primer. The tail lights fit into a hollow area so I made a simple backing plate that I will chrome foil before mounting the red lens on and other related parts. I decided to use the custom bullet looking items instead of 3 head lights on each side. Interior painted Tamiya AS20 white with red flock seat inserts and carpet.DSC04983DSC04989DSC04990DSC04988

Painted and cleared, wait a few days for polish. Interior pretty much done. No high detail on motor or chassis just build and paint.     DSC04993

Paint is Testors Revving red with small metal flake.   DSC04992DSC04991

Alot of chrome to go on this one

Edited by BIGTRUCK

Still have continental kit to install , I had to modify it as its for the stock chrome bumper not one of the custom bumpers. Finish bare metal foiling, install mirrors , attach spotlights [they are just fitted in pics] and twin antennas. Last on the bench updates .DSC05013DSC05019DSC05020DSC05021