Model Cars Magazine Forum

First detailed look - Revell's '29 Model A Hot Rod Roadster ...updated with photos of completed builds of both kit versions

tim boyd

Heads up. I am in the process of putting one of these together and found that there were too sets of the pipes with the mufflers for the channeled version but none for the highboy. I checked my second kit and it was right. You might want to double check that you have one of each type. I will have to get a replacement set from Revell.

Second parts are clean. On the 32 frame there is a parting line along the outside on the front rails. Also the rear needs to be cleaned up a bit where the tabs for the rear end. Another suggestion is to use acsanding stick on the outside of the frame rails there is a slight depression that can be trued up with a sanding stick. Close to starting final assembly and will make further notes then.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm finishing up a kitbash of this kit and I'm very impressed. With the new way these are being molded, there are no ejector pin marks anywhere. The only sprue mounting issues I'm having so far have been the headlights. The point where it attaches to the sprue is right at the top of the headlight. Not very bright. The engine is very nice but it feels like it sits too low in the chassis. Most likely so that they wouldn't have to completely alter the interior for the tranny. I would have liked clear red plastic tail lights, rather than something I have to paint. They just look better. Over all, it's a great kit. it will be a safe bet I'll buy more of them down through the years.

Hosted on Fotki

Edited by Jantrix