Model Cars Magazine Forum

Note Pad Feature?

JollySipper

I think it would be cool if we had a type of "note pad" that only we could see where we could keep track of things we want to remember. If a cool tutorial or an inspirational build thread pops up, we could put a link to it in our notes. I'm a burn-out, and I'm always forgetting where I've seen stuff...........

I know that suggestion threads come up all the time, and usually nothing comes of them, but I thought I could put this out there and see what you guys thought............

Thanks for reading...!

Doesn't your operating system have an easily accessible "notepad" function?

I save ideas in Word as well, easily accessible by using a document title that is simple to remember...something like MCM IDEAS, for example. You can save links and pix as well, and you're not tying up this website's storage.

Making bookmarks in your browser sounds like it'd work for what you want to do. They can be organized into folders for categories. I've got folders for model cars, trains, RC, Linux.... then within those folders I created folders for various projects like the "Model Cars -> CHP Monaco" folder has bookmarks for photos I found of late '70s CHP Monacos, decals, and other stuff related to them. In the "Trains -> Covered Hoppers -> CNW -> 4700" folder there are links to pictures of FMC 4700 hoppers, model info, decals, etc.

Edited by kalbert

The web browser in Windows 10, Edge, is supposed to be able to create Web Notes which allow you to make notes and markings right on a web page. You can save and share them. I haven't actually tried it yet, but it is something to look into.

Oh, and the Favorites are much easier to use. You can delete Favorites with just a right click.

Edited by SSNJim