Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram Lincoln Futura

JTalmage

I agree that $25 OBO is reasonable. What I don't understand is the guy who wants $129 for the same kit! :blink:

I mean, I know that you can list something on ebay for whatever price you want to list it at... and maybe some fool will actually pay that outrageous price. But geez... $25 or $129? I think I know which one I'd buy! :D

Thing is,,,, at one time ,the original issue of this kit brought huge money. So IMO a collector  will want the original issue and only the original issue. So chances are thats the only way it would sell for anything close to $129. This one and the Pontiac club-de-mer were highly sought after by collectors.

I've got a couple of the re-issues from a few years ago ( sorry not for sale at this time )

You finished it in 5-6 hours !!! I knew I worked slow but I'm clearly slower then the tortise in this campaign.  It took me nearly a month to finish mine which I did in the same scheme. While the movie is the typical boy gets girl, loses girl and gets girl back romantic comedy  it is very cool to see the car cruising around Spain in the movie. One reference said it gathered huge attention every where it showed up. I thinks it looks better in Red then it does in the original Frost Blue but then I've always had a thing for red cars.  Well done.

rob

I agree that $25 OBO is reasonable. What I don't understand is the guy who wants $129 for the same kit! :blink:

I mean, I know that you can list something on ebay for whatever price you want to list it at... and maybe some fool will actually pay that outrageous price. But geez... $25 or $129? I think I know which one I'd buy! :D

A real nice take on this kit, nice to see it in red:)

This can go together real nice with a little time and patience put into it. I built one in a metallic blue, also a Batmobile version though that was way before the latest Polar Lights 1/24/5th. 

The kit was always on my most wanted as a collectors item and I still have an un built original hard box Revell issue someplace(I only really collected box art).

As for pricing, I once put up for sale a Pyro 52 Chevrolet fast back on the dreaded 'Bay', I expected to get around £20 at the most as it was mint. I was pleasantly surprised when two bidders got into a war and it went for £80(about $140 at the time). Maybe the $129 Futura seller had seen a previous similar sale to mine and hoped to ride the wave? $25 sound better though:D

Very nicely finished!

A piece of trivia regarding the red paint...when they first started filming the movie, the car was as it left Ford. However, the car did not show well on film in the light colour, so they repainted it red. 

Jimmy Flintstone did a 1 piece body many years ago, a little thick in the side panels but it was easier for many people than gluing the various panels together.