Model Cars Magazine Forum

Freightliner FLC with Great Dane Reefer

I also find myself coming back to this one.....I find it amazing.....Moebius has, single handedly, made a lot of old models look awesome simply by adding that 53' trailer to them....So many ideas running through my head for my old AMT, Revell, and Italeri models it ain't even funny.....Awesome job....

So, it's been a while since the last post, here is one I have finished not long ago. Freightliner FLC with some mild changes from the box, decals from Modeltruckin', photo etch parts like nameplates, flap weights, chicken lights and supports from KFS, drive tires from Auslowe, exhaust stand pipes from the Australian Western Star and sleeper from the FLD kit. The wheels of the Moebius trailer swtched to bigger Italeri rims and tires to better match the truck. most decals on the trailer also from Jerry Reeter. Spread axle with scratch built tool boxes, same flap weights as the freight. Color is Tamya pure white and  Duplicolor Ford dark green. 

68eeq9.jpg

29p2hp1.jpg

105e5ah.jpg

1535f2d.jpg

214yx5k.jpg

3005qtx.jpg

foji9h.jpg

29kvxbl.jpg

ic8yag.jpg

great truck , looks great , can i ask how did you the silver so neatly round the doors of the sleeper , also what silver did you use , looks really good , im currently doing a freightliner convensional and would like to know , its my first build , model lol thanks 

great truck , looks great , can i ask how did you the silver so neatly round the doors of the sleeper , also what silver did you use , looks really good , im currently doing a freightliner convensional and would like to know , its my first build , model lol thanks 

The trim around the doors is BareMetal foil, it is great for chrome trim! It's basically a self adhesive, very thin aluminum foil, that you peel off, stick to the surface and cut the surplus witha very sharp hobby knife. Easy to find over the internet hobby shops. Thanks for the good words!

The trim around the doors is BareMetal foil, it is great for chrome trim! It's basically a self adhesive, very thin aluminum foil, that you peel off, stick to the surface and cut the surplus witha very sharp hobby knife. Easy to find over the internet hobby shops. Thanks for the good words!

thankyou for your help :-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...