Model Cars Magazine Forum

Johan 61 Olds F-85 wagon - Done - Under glass!!!!

slammedi'am

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone... Well Iam back after it after taking a small break and getting my real truck ready for the NMRA event this past weekend...Hope to have this one done soon.. Got the engine wired,headers made,pulleys started and the air filter detail done to the engine cover

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again everyone...Its been fun but getting in the home stretch on it so this will prob be the last update till its done and under glass Got the glass in.Had to make the front cause it didnt fit right

IMG_20151013_212358411_HDR.jpg

Made a headliner for it and found some visors in the parts box IMG_20151013_215955645_HDR.jpg IMG_20151015_204436549_HDR.jpg

Mock up with motor in

IMG_20151015_205212799_HDR.jpg

Made the brake from Futurattraction

IMG_20151015_212530401_HDR.jpg IMG_20151015_213731826_HDR.jpg

Finally on all fours...Got the bumpers painted also...Still gotta finish details on the front bumper IMG_20151021_214812341_HDR.jpg IMG_20151021_214830343_HDR.jpg IMG_20151021_215043254_HDR.jpg

Edited by slammedi'am

Great color combo and really clean build. I missed what you were using for the carpet and head liner, they look perfect. Was the shifter something you put together or is that from an after market supplier ?

Thanks everyone!!!!

The carpet and headliner if flocking from Kens fuzzy fur...The shifter is from Futurattraction also.. All my stuff I get is from http://xtremescaledetail.com/

Edited by slammedi'am

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to say thanks again everyone and to update on this....

Be on the lookout for it under glass in about 2 days or so...Had to replace the scoop on it and while trying to do that,I broke the hood.... get all that fixed and new can of paint,was totally diff shade but ended up finding another can with the same batch number as the first can... This build has deff fought  me on the last stretch but got everything done and drying right now....

And to beat it all,it was being built for the Atlanta show this weekend which it is gonna make it...