Model Cars Magazine Forum

This is the Van from the movie "Short Circuit", a cute movie from the 80s about an errant robot that escapes its creators and helps a young woman find love.

The Van is a Chevy "Candy Van" kit from AMT with GMC grille and scratchbuilt box cargo area. The decals are exclusive to Pattos Place. Special thanks to Doobie for the GMC grille. The rims and tires are from scene unlimited.

You can catch up on the build here: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/103932-gmc-box-truck/

nova01_zps3du9pnbn.jpg
nova02_zpsft0ij8n5.jpg
nova06_zpsxwa2uo9d.jpg
nova05_zpss1r9mixd.jpg
nova04_zpsihjpiigv.jpg
nova03_zpsng1etber.jpg

i012180.jpg

Edited by kruleworld

I remember watching this movie with a female friend and fellow RAAF ground crew member back in the 80s. We laughed ourselves silly (and there was no alcohol involved) it was just so funny and yet Number 5 had a tender human touch that touched our hearts and made us giggle as well. I liked stephanie's comment about the boyfriend 's "big red dorkmobile" and Number 5's overnight reaction to that. And then the now ex-boyfriend's reaction to what Number 5 had done to his pride and joy. A great movie that gave the two of us a lot of laughs. That's a fantastic truck model and Number 5 is also great Walter. Thanks for sharing this with us as for me particularly it takes me back to a quieter, simpler, more easy going time of life and I was soem thirty years younger then.

Regards,

RHB.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...