Model Cars Magazine Forum

Toledo Toy Show and NNL is October 10th

GLMFAA1

• 3 weeks later...

I've never been... but I plan on going. Not entering anything. Too far from home to want to transport my models... plus I hear its tough competition. I just wanna buy stuff lol

There is NO competition :) The NNL is a non-competitive event :)  Bring your models :)  The only awards are voted on by the entrants :) 

After not going to Toledo for about 5 years, I am making time to go this year, kinda wish it was still Saturday and Sunday but take what I can get.

You do know that it is in a new location.  Not sure how many years it has been in Sylvania close to 5 or 6 years. 

I've never been... but I plan on going. Not entering anything. Too far from home to want to transport my models... plus I hear its tough competition. I just wanna buy stuff lol

Bring a big wad of cash for this show. You will spend it. 

Ive been to the Sylvania center a few times and all was under 1 roof same building..Do they still have  flashlight sale in the parking lot?

There has not been a flashlight sale for at least 5 years :(  There used to be guys with stuff in their motel rooms on the Friday evening and that is down to just a few. I will probably have my motel room open for a couple of hours Friday evening at the Red Roof Inn on Reynolds, just to show some stuff and chat. 

Remember, the number of people buying and displaying at the toy show/NNL has dropped from 5000 attendees 20 years to about 500; the vendors have dropped from 500 to about 100. I think this is more of an aging crowd than anything else. There are fewer collections for sale as the crowd dies off and there is no one left to buy the stuff :( 

No slam on the show as it is today......the only constant is change.

In the old days I'd take a big wad of cash....and then try and fit it all in my car for the 10 hour drive home.

Last year I bought one model.......but I went to see folks...which I did....same plan this year,,,

No slam on the show as it is today......the only constant is change.

In the old days I'd take a big wad of cash....and then try and fit it all in my car for the 10 hour drive home.

Last year I bought one model.......but I went to see folks...which I did....same plan this year,,,

Whaaaat, how can you buy 1 kit, thats like eating 1 chip

Bring a big wad of cash for this show. You will spend it. 

Yeah, I'll be pawning internal organs by the time I leave. I'm trying to sell some real car parts to make some spending cash. 

What really stinks is I am literally OUT OF ROOM to store kits and getting real close on storage for parts. REAL CLOSE. I have to put off buying ANY more models til I can crank some out.

I sold over 2500 kits this year.....NEED little......

Ive sold many myself , problem is for every 5 I sell I replace them with 3. Im really only looking for a few hard to get kits [ that Ive been searching for forever and will probably never get] meet a few fellow builders and enjoy the day

For those who have not been to this new location...the toy show and NNL are in the same building, in the same large room, but are separate shows with separate admissions :) Shopping is different than looking :) If you want to go to both, you have to pay 2 admissions. Don't be shocked when you get there :)