Model Cars Magazine Forum

wip- K&K Dodge Charger

JTRACING

hey guys, been working on this one, want to build it up nice as Baker was one of my favorites, i wasn't around to see him in his prime racing days but I loved him on TNN as an announcer!

heres some progress, Im just gonna start detailing the engine next, I have most of the suspension and chassis together, just need to add rear shocks and the interior details.

That is looking great ........... beautiful work B)

Completely agree, with John on the work here, also like you, I moved my only Buddy Baker car close to the top of the 'to do next' pile in the last week or so.

Looking forward to seeing this one progress.

Ian.

heres the plug wires I'm going with compared to the kit supplied one (in yellow) which seem way huge to me. if they ran 8mm wires on the real car that comes to around .019inches in 1/16

15fj4es.jpg

25zqp1f.jpg

33l2wdy.jpg

this is the first picture I've seen of the old "NASCAR" Holley four barrel carb in quite a while, I've also seen this carb used on racing 427 Cobras, surprised to see it in the competition Cobra kit from Revell.

Edited by horsepower

I bought one of the Petty versions before they announced that they were releasing the K&K version, would anyone be interested in trading a decal sheet for the Petty car for a K&K set? 

The wife kind of balked at spending another $50 on a kit for a different decal sheet.

• 3 weeks later...