Model Cars Magazine Forum

Here is my 4th build of a 53 pickup.  I really like this kit - not the flip version (even though I did build one), but the 3 in 1. I love the custom parts and the Desoto engine in it. I have plans for another custom, a 4x4 and a COE.  here are the other 3 I've built so far:

This one will be the stock version.  A couple of good things that should go well for me on this build.  I've built two 3 in 1s so I'm fairly familiar with the kit.  Although this is the first stock, for my 53 ford wagon, I built a stock engine so I also have an idea of how that goes.  

Cleaned up some parts the last couple of days and laid primer and some base flat black on them. Using a resin spare tire fender.  Not sure on the color yet. Here are some pics:

89B462E4-6055-4B4C-995A-DFB4970D6633.jpg

E8CB22F2-D0A2-4E4F-976B-A3A4CF543E21.jpg

44D85678-C775-4D3F-9CB2-9B5BAECD407C.jpg

EE0481B9-E584-41AF-A13D-C6F91F06A8BA.jpg

Edited by iceman-555

T

Thanks, Rob. It's the Detail Master bed truck kit.  Comes with balsa wood and eight 5in. rails.  Enough for 2 kits.  Balsa wood is a little thick but you find some at a hobby shop.  

That's cool. I find basswood has a nicer grain that still looks in scale. I'll definitely be looking into that.