Model Cars Magazine Forum

I met the guys from Roadkill!!

JTalmage

I meant to post this story about a week ago but forgot... 

So on August 16th I was at an antique machinery show checking out some old tractors and stuff, and I felt like that morning it was going to be a good day. I put on my NMRA World Finals @ Beech Bend raceway shirt and headed over to the show. While at the show I was wandering thru the flea market they had set up, and a guy had some old models for sale. So I picked up an old '54 Chevy "Hot Rod" edition for $20. 

After the show I went home and I intended to weld the cowl on to my '88 Mustang project. I was sitting around winding down from the day at the show out in the hot weather when a friend of mine posted on my facebook that the guys from Roadkill were on their way down to Bowling Green, KY to Beech Bend Raceway (I ironically had that shirt on) and that they were passing thru Cincinnati on the way from the Woodward Dream Cruise in Detroit! They were to arrive in about an hour and a half, so I jumped up and hopped in my truck and ran over to Springdale where they were making a pit stop! There was already a welcome committee there waiting! Then..... They pulled in...

Driving their new Dodge Charger Hellcat dubbed "General Maintenance". This was the Charger they drove in the episode where they thrashed the Charger, Challenger, and Viper on the motocross track!

Here's David Freiburger, after he ran inside to eat some tacos, talking to the crowd thanking them for showing up and he started passing out stickers and signing autographs

And here's Mike Finnegan signing autographs and talking to people as well

So I snapped some pics with the guys, they were super cool and very nice and total car guys. Very willing and happy to talk to anyone and everyone

Mike loves v8 jet boats... and so he gravitated towards the owner of this thing

The owner of the burrito restaurant that invited them down also had a beautiful Lark wagon and so they hopped in it for a picture with him

Then they had to get going so they hopped back in their Hellcat and said their goodbyes and thank yous, and took off!

So during the meet and greet I remembered I had that model car I bought at the tractor show earlier, and I grabbed it from my truck and they were gracious enough to autograph the box for me. David even said "wow, I remember when they first started making these things!"

And of course, I had to come away with some merch too!