Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Lara" - a very personal build.

Shelby 427 1965

Well, I've wanted to do this for quite some time, so I guess it's about time I built my baby.

My first car, and my current car - a car which some of you may know from my first car thread that creeps up now and again in the General section. 

There is an insane amount of custom work in this, unfortunately I wasn't able to convert it to right hand drive or put big bumpers on due to it being a Fujimi kit and not a revell one, but my car is technically supposed to have the small bumpers from factory anyway. It's as close as I could get to my car..

I could point out all of the various touches that I've done, but I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

These aren't the most recent pics of my car, the model is more up to date than the car pics, but you get the idea.

Thanks for lookin', all comments are much appreciated :)

tumblr_nonz39N6DP1qlq9k4o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_npll8spdDy1qlq9k4o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nq7s55Q7Uv1qlq9k4o5_1280.png

tumblr_nsdm8yGupb1qlq9k4o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nsdm8yGupb1qlq9k4o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nsdm8yGupb1qlq9k4o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_nsdm8yGupb1qlq9k4o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_nsdm8yGupb1qlq9k4o5_1280.jpg

tumblr_nsdm8yGupb1qlq9k4o6_1280.jpg

tumblr_nsdm8yGupb1qlq9k4o7_1280.jpg

tumblr_nsdm8yGupb1qlq9k4o8_1280.jpg

tumblr_nsdm8yGupb1qlq9k4o9_1280.jpg

Thanks so much everyone! 

nice model. the moon eyes shop is a block away from my work.

Seriously? That's awesome. I'd love to go there, I love mooneyes stuff, so cool. 

Very nicely done, Tomo.

But to be honest, every time I look into one of your topics I get sidetracked by your avatar. Holy krap, that is one fine looking human being... :D

Hahah! That's how I do it. I drag you all in with my avatar of Sophie in the hopes you'll stay and look at my models. ;)

nice model. i totally get wanting to do a replica of your first car (sadly mine isn't available in scale). i like the little details, like the music player on the dash.

Does any of the other kits come with a RHD dash? maybe someone would swap with you if they want to make theirs LHD?

nice model. i totally get wanting to do a replica of your first car (sadly mine isn't available in scale). i like the little details, like the music player on the dash.

Does any of the other kits come with a RHD dash? maybe someone would swap with you if they want to make theirs LHD?

Thank you!

Unfortunately not, the Mk1 kits do, but all Mk2 kits are LHD only. :( 

Good work Tomo, this Fujimi kit is so much better proportionally than the Revell Mk2, the Revell kits just looks wrong to me, shame cos their Mk1 kit is a beauty.

And who could miss the stunning Miss Ellis-Bextor ....if Carlsberg created women ? Lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...