Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Fox Mustang hatchback conversion kit

The Master Caster resin conversion kits are ready.

The kit converts a Revell 1990 Mustang LX coupe to a hatch back. Included is the body, hood, front bumper, rear spoiler, rear interior insert, vacuformed windows, and a "slide" of clear plastic to make the 1/4 windows and the third brake light lens from. PM Greg Wann for prices and to get on the list.

-MJS

That looks real good,i just received the LX coupes Monday from greg,and the quality was outstanding!i will get on the list for a couple of these as well.Are there still future plans to do a convertible? :)

Glad you like the coupes, Curtis. A convertible would be a lot of casting work, more than Greg wants to get into for one kit right now. It would need a whole new interior, front and back seats, door and 1/4 panels, a trunk rack, up and down tops, and lots of other little bits. It would be pricey, and a lot of work to master. I'm not sure at this point what will be next in the Fox Collection, but it should be something flashy and unique. I have some ideas...

Very cool. I still need to grab one of those LX coupe bodies. Don't I recognize your name from FourEyedPride?

Yes you do! I'm mainly an aero owner, but these days, they are all pretty much antiques so they all fall into the same category as I see it.

-MJS

I too happen to think a convertible would sell very well since there have been so many hatchbacks done and we now have the LX from Revell. Just my opinion, but I think it might be worth the time for Greg to reconsider, while the LX is being done and keeping everyone's mind on that era Mustangs

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I would not call it a stupid question.  You can send me an email. 

mastercaster1@cox.net

I really prefer to not get paid until your parts are ready to mail.  I am much like Modelhaus being I am a one man outfit.  I am behind in orders and projects.

Thank you,

Greg

Edited by Greg Wann

• 6 years later...
45 minutes ago, Makeout said:

Hi all! I knnow this is a pretty old post. Did these bodies ever end up being cast or was it a stillborn project?  I'm interested in one. 

If you hover your cursor over Greg's icon, you'll see he hasn't been here for several months. You might do better to fire off an e-mail to him at the addy he posted above then waiting for an answer here.