Model Cars Magazine Forum

1959 Dodge Custom Royal D500

mangodart

Hi guys,

Back with an "old glory", a built from at least 10 years ago. The subject is one of my favorite as it is a 59 Dodge from Johan, interior from the Modelhaus, chassis and engine from an AMT 58 Belvedere. Be kind with this one as it is far from perfect ( especially the engine bay ) but I like it and the new pics are better than the first attempt as it was a rainy day when shooted the 1st time. It was a challenge to foil as there's a lots of chrome, the chrome on the bumpers is getting old but well, there it is....

Hope you'll like it ;)

i like it. the wear and patina on the chrome makes it look a little rusty, which i think makes it look more like an honest survivor car. The only suggestion i have is add some clear to the front lamps in the grille. i'd suggest a layer of 5-minute epoxy to make it look like it's made of glass.

i usually reference the 59 dodge when talking about ugly cars (it's not just ugly, but also looks angry)

i usually reference the 59 dodge when talking about ugly cars

That all depends on taste.

I always thought the '59 Dodge was a well proportioned attractive body style.

A little on the gawdy side, I'll grant you, but over all, still not bad for 1959 when everything was over the top.

Now the '62 Dodge?

Yes, that was an ugly car! :D

Steve