Model Cars Magazine Forum

Subaru Sambar Fire Engine

Aoshima is getting more use out the Sambar tooling, this time, its gonna be as a fire engine

Release date is set for Dec , with a price of 2380Yen/$19US(Hobby Search) 2240Yen $18US (Hobby Link Japan)

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10343409

http://www.hlj.com/product/aos01417

- In the world of 1/24 plastic model, Japan's first! Scale model of the fire engine is born. Sambar fire engine is armed with extraordinary maneuverability, drivability of the 4WD, which was based on the RR layout, yet its compact, in a wide range of stage from the city of narrow streets often, until the fire brigade of a large mountainous area of \u200b\u200bunpaved road dominating have.
- Kit is a track type of fire engine, Fuji Robin made fire pump and the point of a sword scoop, 3.6m folding ladder, jump opening, gold lever, hose backpack or the like is removable, respectively, rear seats and hose storage, the searchlight diffuser type mars light, such as various types of fittings are also realistic, making it a great fidelity from the density feeling while a small light car.

10343409b_zpsman04nsh.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

The ladder truck is designed to have functioning out riggers and working 90ft ladder (works out to be like 15+ inches) after it's built.  I don't know what they're gonna make it out of to keep it from snapping like a twig if you "play" with it too much.

Wait, you mean we are not supposed to be playing with them ?

Japan does indeed have full size big fire rigs

https://www.google.com/search?q=japan+fire+trucks&biw=1366&bih=608&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMI9Z3AhNvMxwIVhpANCh1ohQzf

I'm guessing this is probably more of an industrial plant fire engine, think big motorized fire extinguisher rather than city fire engine or brush truck. I've seen similar industrial fire engines built on Land Cruisers and Jeeps.

Pretty neat, will definitely have to add one of these to the wish list.

• 1 month later...

Yup, more of an industrial plant unit.  I've seen fire engines and ambulances that were Cushman based in places like factories, amusement parks and the like.  Two of the companies I worked for had over 300 acres of property and fleets of Cushmans and other small vehicles for maintenance staff and alike to get around it all.  And both had their own employee fire companies.

The Sambar Fire truck is 1/24 scale and is due to be released in December.  The dump trailer is 1/32 scale and is due to be released in November. 

I definitely want the Sambar kit so I'm hoping someone will import it to the US. 

I think it will be best to buy it directly from japan from either hobbylink or hobbysearch.

The Sambar Fire truck is 1/24 scale and is due to be released in December.  The dump trailer is 1/32 scale and is due to be released in November. 

I definitely want the Sambar kit so I'm hoping someone will import it to the US. 

Why dont you just buy it from Japan direct,  and just cut out the middle man ?

Why dont you just buy it from Japan direct,  and just cut out the middle man ?

There is one major reasons why I will never purchase from a foreign country again.  I had my identity stolen a few years ago from a foreign purchase.  While the purchase was through a reputable company, their employee that was processing the credit card account information was part of a identity theft ring that was duplicating credit cards and making unauthorized purchases.  That was a nightmare to get resolved and I'm still in the hole because of the foreign transaction fees that my bank wouldn't wave on the fraudulent purchases (this was in the early 2000s, before credit fraud policies started to better protect the consumer). I've decided to never put myself in that position again by purchasing from foreign companies, I only buy within the US via credit or internationally with cash when I travel.  And I'm not about to hop a flight to Japan for a scale model, even if it is duty free. 

While that may sound like a silly reason to not purchase from a foreign country, I would rather put money into a domestic store's pocket for my hobby needs.