Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chrysler Pacifique

Scale-Master

This was a factory built promo version of the Lindberg Atlantic kit that had been disassembled and partially painted about a dozen years ago.  Then shelved and forgotten. 

Since it won’t be a replica of the one-of-a-kind Atlantic, I decided to rename it and give it a little different look.

I cemented on and faired in the nose to remove that seam across it.  I scribed a new hood line and made some adjustments around the grilles to match since the hood lines used to run into them. 

It had been originally painted with Testors enamels, so I sanded it smooth, primed it and then put down a base of lacquer gray for a solid base for the lacquer main color.

Here it is after prep and bodywork, ready for primer/undercoat.

I chose Tamiya TS-40 Metallic Black for the color.

I machined the centers out of the Atlantic wheels to accept a set of Centerlines I cast copies of.

This is looking pretty cool.  I was fortunate enough to see the Atlantic at a car show here in NC back in the day.  Think you can pull off the cool blue neon interior "dome" light that was in the concept?  

I like the Bugatti cue - it looks appropriate!