Model Cars Magazine Forum

Finally picked up a '63 Ford F100. Been wanting one for a long time but,never seemed to have the money when a good deal came along.

Last pic is trying out the Pegasus Sovereigns to see how I like them.Still have to decide if I want these or,steelies,spider caps and whitewalls.

Plan is for a traditional mild custom look.

IMG_4481_zps3nlqnk1h.jpg

IMG_4482_zpsgihfirvy.jpg

IMG_4483_zps2gp626fd.jpg

Edited by 62pyro

Lucky you. I've wanted one of these for years! Yours looks like it's in great shape. I sure wish the model companies would get off their dead rearends and put out some pickup kits from this era. It's not like they don't have a market for them......

Later- 

Lucky you. I've wanted one of these for years! Yours looks like it's in great shape. I sure wish the model companies would get off their dead rearends and put out some pickup kits from this era. It's not like they don't have a market for them......

Later- 

I agree.Would love to see any Ford trucks from '57 to '66 from a modern tooling.I know I'd personally buy several.

• 1 month later...

Woo! Pat and a build.

what did ya order? Wonder if they will have it in Toledo this weekend? 

Ordered the stock grill and bumpers.

Thinking I'll have to build a chassis since I don't care for the lack of detail on this one. Waiting on a couple of things so I can design it.

I'm also playing around with a '34 Ford pickup in the meantime.

Pat,

I am so jealous of your truck. I have a '63 to do

2009_0620june09mamameeting0106.jpg

I cleaned it up, stripped the paint, and laid on a coat of primer.

2009_1017mamameetingoct090002.jpg

I may go with these wheels and this stance, but I have a long way to go with this one. I have to rebuild the trim on the front fenders and the hood, as for some reason they are very faint, and do not line up to my standards. 

Your truck looks great, and is quite inspirational.

Edited by Ron Hamilton

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I plan on doing a '63 F 100, but not as a unibody. Thanks to Motor City for offering the regular cab small back window version which opens up the option to build a flareside or separate styleside  2 or 4 wheel drive!  I'll probably do the separate styleside.  The  older styling '57 -'60 separate fleetside bed could have been  ordered instead of the unibody when these trucks were new.  So many more options now to do a '63 Ford pickup.

IMG_4255.JPG

Edited by leafsprings

Great to see your build of this kit! Always been intrigued by the unibody. I picked up a cleanly built example of this kit many years ago, it's in great shape as it was only assembled with no paint on it. My thought has been to shorten up the bed; yet would that be sacrilegious to do that to a rarity? I too would like to see this reissued.

Enjoying seeing your save of this kit!

Cheers Misha

Edited by Misha
spelling error

• 10 months later...

Got the Motor City non uni cab, now  theres plenty of directions to go, a 4x4, a flareside  a separate styleside or a  F 350. Bed is a cut off from the '60 F 100. The geniuses at AMT molded the bed into the cab on the '60 F100's.  Photo below would be factory optionally correct for a '61-'63 F100 F 250 2wd and 4wd. With  slightly raised roof and correct grilles, it would be correct for '64- 65 F100 4x4 or '64-'66 F 250 4x4. Note front fenders were inlarged on all F 350's and some pickup models with factory optional larger wheel sizes.

IMG_5165.JPG

Edited by leafsprings