Model Cars Magazine Forum

HILUX VS Utility.....92 Toyota 4X4s

These two 1/24 '92 Toyotas were completed a while ago (long while ago) but I was just having fun retaking pics using my recent photo tent.The HILUX is pretty much box stock Fujimi but the basic version is modified (using brochure reference) by removing the raised rubber side trim, filling in the sun-roof, fabricating a bench seat, and removing all the delux chrome trim and accessories. The stock basic wheels were pirated from a land cruiser kit, and the 'TOYOTA tailgate lettering' was done with Letraset pressure sensitive lettering.   Paint on both models is automotive basecoat/clearcoat.

While I like both versions, I'm kind of partial to the 'utility version'.

I'm also including a couple of pics of the Hilux with a couple of smaller scale models of virtually the same vehicle.....a 1/43 HI-STORY resin model and a 1/87th version that came in a chocolate egg.

P8300242.JPG

P8300243.JPG

P8300244.JPG

P8300247.JPG

P8300248.JPG

P8300249.JPG

P8300250.JPG

P8300235.JPG

P8300236.JPG

Fantastic!! I really like them both but just like you I'm partial to the utility version. That is the way that I'm used to seeing them here, but these days when I see one it useually has rusty wheelarches, faded paint and lots of dents and scratches everywhere:lol:

I do have some similar plans myself but with the singelcab version of the kit and with the type of weathering I just mentioned.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...