Model Cars Magazine Forum

White Freightliner Michigan Special

This is the AMT reissue, with a shortened wheelbase, wheels and tires from an Italeri accessories set, modified cab steps, and a scratchbuilt wet tank, stacks, and air cleaner setup. I upgraded the engine to an NTC-350 using spare parts from a Road Boss. The paint and stripes need a little touch up here and there, but I'll take care of that once I finish up the gravel trailer for it. 

Thanks  guys! 

That's a great looking Freightliner, Chuck.  Well done.  I like it with the spokes & bigger tires.  How much did you shorten the frame?

It's cut down about an inch from what's in the kit. I doubt this wheelbase would be possible with the kit-supplied transmission, as the driveshaft is just over a scale foot long now! :rolleyes:

I like it a lot . Chuck where did the decals come from?

Flag decals are from the Peterbilt 359, and the Thunder Sand & Gravel signs are from the gravel trailer kit. The yellow stripes are from an old Microscale sheet. 

And... here's the gravel trailer.

Oh, that looks amazing.....The wheels and tires really set it off.....They look awesome on that Freightliner.....Never would have thought of using those for this one.....And it looks even more imposing with the gravel trailer attached to it.....I love the color scheme, too.....You've done an amazing job on this one, Chuck.....Hats off to you.....