Model Cars Magazine Forum

ModelHaus Closing for Six Weeks

The Modelhaus Website is down temporarily.

Since March when we announced our pending retirement for May of 2017, we have been swamped with orders. In an effort to catch up and prepare for the Toledo Toy Show, we are shutting the web site down for 6 weeks. We should not go to the Toledo Toy Show since we have so many orders in house, many that will not be shipped before the show. But we must go for two reasons. Twenty-eight years ago when Modelhaus was just an idea, we went to that show. Within a few weeks we had orders from NY to CA and Canada to TX. We feel a real obligation to that show for giving us the place to start and grow our business. That is our first reason for going. The second is more important. The many customers and vendors we see at Toledo have become our "extended family". We need to see them, to share a hearty handshake, to feel their hugs as we continue on our path of grief following our son Steven's tragic death in April. Please bear with us as we journey on towards retirement and towards healing. Posted 8/30/15.

Wow, a class act to an order of magnetude.

I wished I had gotten to know you.

My sincerest condolences for your tremendous loss.

It's my experiance that some times toiling in endeavors you love the most is the best healing.

At any rate have a fantastic time at the toy show.

Edited by aurfalien

I ordered a '62 Imperial from them last month, and it still hasn't come yet. 

They said they are continuing shipping orders , part of the six week closure is due to the overload of orders needing filled, They are trying to catch up before taking any new orders. My orders are taking about eight to nine weeks to get but be patient worth the added wait time Maxx 

Well Happy Birthday!

My 'day' is October 12.

I went through some of my Modelhaus stash and found some T-Bird parts I purchased from them at Toledo 25 years ago!

My day is the 12th also. 7060 Sylvania Ave., Sylvania OH 43560 . The place is called Sylvania Exhibition Center  (Tam-O-Shanter )  

Yup!  Another reason I wanna go-----that's my birthday then! ??

It is good to spend some time with long time friends on your day. 

I already have a few really nice Modelhaus pieces and if they close up, then maybe I would try harder to build them. The same goes for the rest of my "stash" as well. If the model companies go "belly up I'll still have enough kits to build in the future. I can easily do without the release of any new kits and also of any future re-issued kits as well. I've come to terms with myself that I'm not going to keep piling kits on my "stash" just 'cause I like 'em. Trading cash for plastic is gettin' old.

Digging through my older stash, I found a long gone conversion kit.  This one has a hood and chrome grille to convert the 1955 Chevy Cameo or Stepside into a 1957 version!  I think I bought it at the North American Model Car Championship in Chicago back in '94 or '95.  I guess I had better get building it before somebody releases it in plastic...:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Still haven't gotten my order yet.

I still don't think you understand the wait time for Modelhaus orders.  Last time I checked their website, when they were still accepting orders about a month ago, it said 4-12 weeks. If you ordered last month, you still have at least 6 more weeks to go.  I ordered some stuff middle of June and just got it on Saturday. I couldn't be happier.  It's all well worth the wait. The only thing I don't like is that I didn't order enough!  :P