Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aoshima Lamborghini aventador roadster - new member

Keith D

Actually went together way better than I thought. The thing that gave me a little trouble was the whole door configuration due to them opening and closing. And the door jamb where the door would latch it real life is a little guessing game on if you should move it up a mm or 2. This may be only me, but those were the troubles I faced. And the door where it closes at the top, I had to take a heat gun to it to bend it in a little so it would sit more flush

Overall, it is the most fun kit I have ever had and the most irritating because I was starting to shake up a bottle of paint and didn't realize I didn't screw the cap on well and paint flew all over me and my floor. Wasn't a pretty sight. My wife was pretty upset. But overall everything placed easily and not much holding pieces until glue dries. 

Yea...I'm 25 and recently started getting back into this and haven't touched one since I was really young. I ran across the scale modeling channel on YouTube and it made me want to get back into it. But all I see on here is really old cars and cars way before me. So I like to build more recent cars. And maybe a few older muscle cars (70s). But like I stated earlier, this was a really fun build, and EXTREMELY detailed kit. 

Fine job Keith.  Welcome to the hobby and the forums.  The only one you really have to please with your models is you.  Having said that, you will find so much in the forums here that will grow your skills and enjoyment as far as you want to go with it.  Keep building and having fun.  Sean 

Looks great. You will be able to find things you feel could be better in every model you ever build weather it's your first or number one million. I just got back into things myself and was thinking the same (it may bit be as good as others on here) I found seeing the others had just pushed me to try more. Great start keep it going. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Great to see this model kit built in what I think is the best colour for the car! And it is very well put together, hope you had fun putting it together (apart from the mishap with the paint haha)! I have one of these waiting to be built, but I want to develop some skills like using Carbon Fibre decals etc. I would also like to add the C1 models DMC Wing to the car, as I feel it'd complete the look. Great build, keep 'em coming!

16 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

I think it turned out great! 

Never apologize for your skills. I suck, and I'll never apologize for it! If you enjoy it, and you are happy with the end results that is the only thing that matters.

:)

WELL SAID!!!!!!!