Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford van, update, new mural.

This is what I'm working on now, the Phantom van.

IMG 0922

IMG 0913

IMG 0920

This is going to be a Pink Floyd themed van from the mid to late 70's but I didn't like my first idea as much as I thought I would:

IMG 0923

IMG 0925

I have stripped these decals and made others along with some paint work. I ran out of clear so I will get some pictures of the body tomorrow after I pick some up and get it laid on. 

Edited by MGL
Updated post

Here is the new mural, I think it feels more 70's. The first one had a reference to The Wall album that didn't come out until around 79 so it wouldn't work. Not to mention it looked more like a modern vinyl decal than a 70's homegrown custom. The new mural is a combination of decal, spray, and hand painting. Oh how I wish I had pulled the trigger on that air brush I've been thinking about buying! I also finished flocking the interior with floor to ceiling carpet and added a BMF mirror to the ceiling and some concert posters. I think the bumper stickers should be correct for about 78 or so. I also added a Jimmy Flintstone figure to the back but she's not appropriate for a family friendly forum such as this. I did open the back windows so she wouldn't get too hot though. 

IMG 0942IMG 0941IMG 0944IMG 0947IMG 0948IMG 0950IMG 0951

X2!!  Good looking Van!!B)

X's 3 !! Great job on the whole thing.Love the mural, the bumper stickers really are right on. The flocked interior, the posters on the wall.

You have really captured the feeling of being back in time.

Be Well

Gator

Neat, you don't see many vans with murals these days, really you don't see many full size vans these days. I remember seeing vans like this as a kid though, that and VW microbuses all deaded out.

The mural really came out great, I can hear Dark Side of the Moon playing just looking at it.